Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th June 2018, 16:25   #1
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Default Today, I fell in love

Excuse the click bait title.

So today after 5 weeks of ownership I had my first proper trip in the ZT now that the suspension is sorted, it was a 200 mile round trip from the North East to the south side of York.

Just last week the future of the ZT was hanging in the balance after fears that the gearbox needed to come out due to a gear change problem which had yet to surface again, bare in mind that my ZT is a long way away from being mint condition with a leggy 180k on apparently its 2nd engine, and it cost me 500 quid.

The thought of spending 4 figures on getting the car back to good health was a big ask for my head to accept especially as I am quite logical.

However after todays drive I am totally convinced and more than willing to take the financial hit it takes to keep these magnificent cars going. The V6 was extremely smooth and probably the most flexible engine I've ever owned, most engines would shake the car to bits if asked to accelerate away from 1000rpm yet after finding myself in this position due to forgetting it was a manual, I was massively impressed, the only other car that was that smooth was my old Legacy.

Out on the open faster roads the ZT was brilliant, it inspires confidence and you could leave it in 5th 95% of the time and have smooth effortless acceleration. Around town it is still a horrible crashy bumpy nightmare and unforgiving in size, but on a longer drive it was amazing.

Now the only question I have is do I restore this one or find a 180 sports...

Last edited by P-Nut; 10th June 2018 at 16:27.. Reason: Speeling
P-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote