Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th September 2010, 15:10   #11
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

The noise emitted by the IPK is the same tone used for lights left on etc, so no additional unit behind there. As for wiring, not sure, but I would imagine it is the signal carried by the K-Bus which 'talks to all the ECU's and gives the instructions to fire off the warning chime.

The only way to know which unit your's is, would be to remove the parcel shelf and have a look. If there is a sounder there already, then job done, if you find the sounder connector there, then it would suggest to me that all you need do is add the sounder itself, if you can't find a vacant connector at all, then I would imagine it's the IPK that takes care of things.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 15:25   #12
ceb
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 Club SE Auto 2001 (X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
Your car would have the wiring for a separate sounder. It's also the same as a BMW door gong. You just need to lift the rear shelf to fit.

The rest is plug and play, I've got the proper tool for cutting the holes in the bumper if you want to borrow it.

You'll need the bumper loom, sounder, ecu, and ecu to bumper loom and 4 sensors and holders.

Thanks David/Reebs.

O.K.- I'm in the breakers pretty much every day as I'm still on the hunt for a balance VIS, so I'm hoping I can strip the required parts from a doner car, it's just then a case of getting the sensor holders sprayed to the right colour (unless the doner's a BRG!!) etc. Having had the bumper off I know that the rear is marked for the sensor locations.

David - Thanks for the offer - You're still on my list for your previous offer! I have got to pop over to Ware at some point so maybe we can sort something out.

Thanks again guys for all the assistance and advice.
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 15:35   #13
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

I've painted a couple of sets......get the genuine paint and lacquer set from Xpart and I'll paint them for you.

Make sure you get saloon sensors as they are different to tourers
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 17:06   #14
ceb
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 Club SE Auto 2001 (X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
I've painted a couple of sets......get the genuine paint and lacquer set from Xpart and I'll paint them for you.

Make sure you get saloon sensors as they are different to tourers
Top man. Am also considering painting our dinning room and one bedroom, do you have a day rate

Thanks again.

ceb
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 21:19   #15
GP1005
Regular poster

MG ZT-T CDTI

Is the chime part of the IPK circuit board? Can it be replaced? Any ideas why just the sound would fail ?
GP1005 is offline   Reply With Quote