Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th January 2011, 22:27   #211
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceetdm View Post
Sean, I'm pretty sure the top picture is not of a Roewe 750 bumper but an MG 7 - the most obvious difference is the different fog light apertures.

Tommy
Hi Tommy

Ill Check It , tonight , I Think you are right, The Chinese Salesman told me from ROEWE

I Looked at the Other Posting , I Have the ROEWE 750 Bumper too

But

Will the ROEWE Fit ANY of the 75's or ZT's ? Or Should the Guys Stick to the MG7 Only
Between My Job, And 3 Other Business's ! I Keep going around in circles ! LOL

ROEWE 750 Bumper

I Have these "FOG LAMP COVER"
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 22:57   #212
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Will the ROEWE fit ANY of the 75's or ZT's ?
It's assumed they will, but nobody's tried it yet. The superficial appearance suggests it will fit the 75/ZT, but there could be subtle differences that haven't been spotted as yet. IMO the Roewe issue needs practical confirmation on a sample before people commit to it.

Quote:
Or Should the Guys Stick to the MG7 Only
The MG7 fitting seems almost certain, but again, until a practical demonstration is made, we are assuming it from the images. IMO the MG7 bumper is basically the MGR Premium bumper. That means the MG7 grill and lower vent grills should indeed fit the MGR Premium bumper.

Quote:
ROEWE 750 Bumper

It's now clear to me that the small grill panels you posted are for the Roewe bumper not the MG7.

The MG7 lower grills appear identical to the MGR Premium bumper grills and are rectangular (actually trapezoidal). I've not seen a photo of these (the MG7 ones) as yet. Do you have any more images of the parts you have?

EDIT: I believe the Roewe foglamps are integrated/fitted beneath the indicators. The fog bezels you posted don't seem relevant to the MG7 or the MGR Premium so maybe they are are for another model. Are they standard ZT bezels (??)

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 27th January 2011 at 23:04..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 23:47   #213
Radioguy
Banned

None

Just Got Off the Phone with China The Bumper in Post #209 is Indeed the MG7 Bumper for , as the Chinese Call it BIG GRILL , BIG BUMPER for BIG GRILL

Quote:
It's now clear to me that the small grill panels you posted are for the Roewe bumper not the MG7.
Yes, I See them on a Chinese List as ROEWE Parts

Quote:
The MG7 lower grills appear identical to the MGR Premium bumper grills and are rectangular (actually trapezoidal). I've not seen a photo of these (the MG7 ones) as yet. Do you have any more images of the parts you have?
I Will see about getting them, assuming the Bumpers and Grills are available I would have to assume that those 2 Parts are also available.

EDIT: I believe the Roewe foglamps are integrated/fitted beneath the indicators. The fog bezels you posted don't seem relevant to the MG7 or the MGR Premium so maybe they are are for another model. Are they standard ZT bezels (??)

They are also Something for the MG7 Standard Bumper

Old 28th January 2011, 00:05   #214
Radioguy
Banned

None

Here is a List from One Supplier of Items available

Old 28th January 2011, 03:32   #215
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

I know I have mentioned this a while ago now, but it is a job I am not willing to mess with in feeezing conditions. I am hoping that by Feb 2nd I should have a detailed 'how to' with detailed pics of fitting the MG7 two piece grille and MG7 chrome surround to a Rover premium bumper. Then fitting the bumper to a MkII 75, but not in sub zero teperature or snow. I envisage wheelarch liner and undertray issues. This is a long drawn out process and there are many questions that can only be answered as T-Cut pointed out, by actual fitting. The parts are expensive if it ends up a waste of money for people, .

I am also hoping by the end of Feb to have a Roewe 750 grille and surround, and by trial, post its suitability to be fitted to a Rover premium bumper. The next step shortly after, will be the Roewe 750 bumper to fit the Roewe 750 grille to, then fitting the Roewe 750 bumper to a Rover 75. T-Cut has already pointed out that the superficial appearance can be missleading, it may also require bumper accessories such as the need for the Roewe infill that rests upon the crash beam because the Rover one might not fit without adapting it to such a degree it renders it useless for the 75, your original 75 bumper is of little use or value without the infill. I only hope that were the Roewe 750 bumper is secured to the slam panel, and where the blades slot into the slots on the wings have not been changed to ad degree that it is impossible to fit. Or the crash beam has not been re designed to accomodate the Roewe 750 bumper.

A little more patience is required, myself, trebor and T-Cut are working on retro fitting.

Radioguy will be the supplier. You can order at will, or await forthcoming how to's with part requirements/availability/arrival in the UK
Old 28th January 2011, 14:54   #216
arjan_m
Gets stuck in

MG TF 135

Am I crazy if I think the head lights of a Roewe 750 are slight different than the MG7/R75 MK2 ones?? in my opinion the Roewe 750 are more diagonal or slanted (how do you say it in proper English), than the MG7/R75 ones.

Is it, or am I seeing ghosts???

My third 75:
My Rover 75 1.8 mod topic
Rover 75 1.8 Classic, MidNight Blue, 2002

Current car:
MG TF 135, Antracite (LQW), 2002
arjan_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 05:07   #217
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Does anyone know if the MG7 limo grille (the one that fits the premium bumper) centre chrome section is removable so that only the chrome surround can be fitted. I have seen one photo of a chrome surround without the chrome badge holder cut out fitted, but I don't know if current MG7 grilles are the same. Have asked Sean to check.
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 19:43   #218
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
I know I have mentioned this a while ago now, but it is a job I am not willing to mess with in feeezing conditions. I am hoping that by Feb 2nd I should have a detailed 'how to' with detailed pics of fitting the MG7 two piece grille and MG7 chrome surround to a Rover premium bumper. Then fitting the bumper to a MkII 75, but not in sub zero teperature or snow. I envisage wheelarch liner and undertray issues. This is a long drawn out process and there are many questions that can only be answered as T-Cut pointed out, by actual fitting. The parts are expensive if it ends up a waste of money for people, .

I am also hoping by the end of Feb to have a Roewe 750 grille and surround, and by trial, post its suitability to be fitted to a Rover premium bumper. The next step shortly after, will be the Roewe 750 bumper to fit the Roewe 750 grille to, then fitting the Roewe 750 bumper to a Rover 75. T-Cut has already pointed out that the superficial appearance can be missleading, it may also require bumper accessories such as the need for the Roewe infill that rests upon the crash beam because the Rover one might not fit without adapting it to such a degree it renders it useless for the 75, your original 75 bumper is of little use or value without the infill. I only hope that were the Roewe 750 bumper is secured to the slam panel, and where the blades slot into the slots on the wings have not been changed to ad degree that it is impossible to fit. Or the crash beam has not been re designed to accomodate the Roewe 750 bumper.

A little more patience is required, myself, trebor and T-Cut are working on retro fitting.

Radioguy will be the supplier. You can order at will, or await forthcoming how to's with part requirements/availability/arrival in the UK
Patience it is for me i will wait to se the howto before i progress my bumper any further.Thanks for all your hard work and info.
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 19:51   #219
JB Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, MG ZT-T V8, MG ZTV8

Default MG7/Roewe light

Don't forget if your looking at using the headlights from the Roewe or MG7 they are for LHD.
JB Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:09   #220
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
Does anyone know if the MG7 limo grille (the one that fits the premium bumper) centre chrome section is removable so that only the chrome surround can be fitted. I have seen one photo of a chrome surround without the chrome badge holder cut out fitted, but I don't know if current MG7 grilles are the same. Have asked Sean to check.
The pic you posted of Stubies' surround did not have a badge mount removed or filed away, and it never went into preduction, he was in the right place at the right time.
The MG7 chrome surround is below, it is in one piece..
You can put a hacksaw to it but it will not look quite right

Last edited by Devilish; 2nd February 2011 at 22:14..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote