Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th April 2024, 16:15   #11
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I began to feel pain from a tooth over the last weekend, probing with my tongue I might now have a cavity at the rear of a molar after losing a fragment of tooth from it. While the pain and discomfort are still bearable I decided to ring my NHS dentist yesterday to book an appointment - I'm NHS but I have to pay for it. I was aware that the waiting time had gradually grown over the last couple of decades to circa one month which is what I was expecting. I remember when it was just a day or two but over time that became a week or so followed by weeks. By the time of my last appointment, which was sometime last year, it was circa one month.

I stood gobsmacked when yesterday the receptionist said August is looking like the earliest appointment. That is over four months away, said I. Wait a minute, said she, how about the end of July. All dentists at the practice are apparently giving similar waiting times so reluctantly I had to settle on a wait of three and a half months.
HI Steve
I too have an NHS dentist and like you pay for treatment. My comment was aimed more at people looking to register as a new patient. As would have it have it,I went for my 6 monthly check up last week and it was agreed that I should have a full white crown to replace an inlay on a molar which has been stuck back several times.Two further appointments are necessary,one for prep and one for fitting.The first is on May 7th and second two weeks later.I've never experienced the sort of waits you mention even for more straight forward treatment.I've been able to get in within days when the inlay popped off for example. Maybe it's a regional thing or perhaps the £400 it's costing helps Either way, wait times and standard of treatment are very good. Sounds like I've dropped lucky.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote