Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th July 2020, 09:27   #1
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Default £93 Direct Debit!

Last night I was checking my bank account via the app on my phone and there was a Direct Debit payment to a company for £93 that I had never heard of.

Quickly did some searching via Google on my phone which yielded some results but thought would get the laptop out in morning to investigate further as it was 2am.

So up early this morning armed with a mug of tea started checking through on my laptop.

Waited for my Bank to open and phoned them, got the £93 reimbursed and the Direct Debit cancelled.
They said we have a phone number so made a note of that but it was a business that only conducts payments called Go Cardless.
They aren't open at weekends.

The energy company was called Green Energy Supply Limited although this yielded no results as such except a name change on the Ofgem website.

Eventually I discovered a Company called Green.Energy and I phoned them and they admitted they were Green Energy Supply Limited.

After giving them my Postcode and Address they said they didn't have any houses in my road or area and couldn't understand how this had happened.

The gentleman I was talking to checked with their payment section and they couldn't find anything either.

The strange part is I have Pay As You Go Smart Meters and they don't deal with Pay As You Go only the Standard Meters.

I will contact Go Cardless on Monday to find out what they have to say.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2020, 09:37   #2
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

How many people still fail to check their bank accounts regularly? This must be so common but luckily you spotted it.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2020, 10:31   #3
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
How many people still fail to check their bank accounts regularly? This must be so common but luckily you spotted it.
I check my account once a week as I have had issues in the past.

The only other payments was for online food shopping and some parts for the ZT off Ebay.
Old 11th July 2020, 10:48   #4
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I check very regularly, maybe a few times each week, have to keep an eye on what Mrs Vossy is spending
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2020, 13:13   #5
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

A good fried of mine was checking his bank statement and found he had a direct debit on his account for a couple of £ a month from some one he had no clue what it was for. He did admit he rarely checked his account. When he went back through his old statements he had been happening for a few years.

It turned out he had signed up for something years ago and did not even realise it. He cancelled it and the company then sent him a snotty letter saying he was in breach of contract.

I Wonder how much they have had over the years.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2020, 13:58   #6
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I check my bank statements every morning, not paranoid its a habit I have got into ever since some oiks! cloned my Nat West card in a garage and within a day started taking money out in Holland from six different cash machines, £1750 came out, got my money back after two weeks.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2020, 14:23   #7
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

I check my bank statements every morning, not paranoid its a habit I have got into ever since some oiks! cloned my Nat West card in a garage and within a day started taking money out in Holland from six different cash machines, £1750 came out, got my money back after two weeks.

Rev

Was that the excuse you told the missus for visiting the red light district? lol

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2020, 15:05   #8
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I check very regularly, maybe a few times each week, have to keep an eye on what Mrs Vossy is spending
Doesn't Mrs Vossy have her own bank account?

One account for paying bills and each have their own accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
A good fried of mine was checking his bank statement and found he had a direct debit on his account for a couple of £ a month from some one he had no clue what it was for. He did admit he rarely checked his account. When he went back through his old statements he had been happening for a few years.

It turned out he had signed up for something years ago and did not even realise it. He cancelled it and the company then sent him a snotty letter saying he was in breach of contract.

I Wonder how much they have had over the years.
Before Online Banking existed I was caught out like that because I hardly ever checked through my Bank Statements, most of the time I never opened the letter as I knew what they were.

These days I'm super hot at checking and anything that appears that I don't know anything about I'm off like a dog with bone.

Over the years I have learnt about the Laws governing renting, banking and buying goods online.
Old 11th July 2020, 20:37   #9
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev

This happened to me once in Italy 30+ years ago buying petrol in a garage. We weren't so paranoid then and I let the guy take my card to the office. When i got home I found just the one frauldualant transaction of about the same ammount which the bank immediately refunded.

So far nothing else, but I do check my account monthly insisting on a paper statement.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2020, 08:51   #10
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

what i hate is a payment showing up and having to trawl through emails and purchases to try and remember what it was as it could have been weeks back when bought originaly