Old 9th June 2022, 16:49   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
I think you are wrong.
We have few responsible gun owners in this country because it is so difficult to obtain said weapon. The irresponsible gun owners in the UK are in the majority. If an individual knows that by brandishing a weapon at someone, he himself may be shot by the one he is brandishing the weapon at, this is akin to Mutually Assured Destruction.
Why would I want an armoury, as I stated previously, I am ex military, I enjoyed the challenge of going to the range and shooting, I still do, albeit with an air weapon, if guns were legal in this country it wold be with a 5.56 or preferably a 7.62. As for looking at web pages that state this or that and blindly following it, we've just had a couple of years of that, and look where that has landed us, the biggest recession of modern times, people that are choosing to heat or eat and still the newspapers harp on about the new big c and its variants. Pull yor head out of the sand, make your own decisions, I made mine and although on the vulnerable list, I'm still in the land of the living.
From quick search, some 60 + police officers were killed in the USA last year, they were probably armed. Mutually Assured Destruction is not certain. Many more police officers were shot at.
You are welcome to research and tell me what figures you come up with for police officers killed by the gun.

In the UK are any legally owned firearms stolen? If the answer is yes that could be a gun now in the hands of a criminal. Increase the number of legally owned guns and you may end up with an increase of illegally owned guns by theft. Today you may be level headed but what of tomorrow? How can we be certain you wont lose your rag and pull your 7.62 or 5.56?

If we go into a deep recession where the choice daily is heat or eat then why not pull out your gun and take the food? One desperate man normally level headed trying to feed his family is killed by another normally level headed man trying to defend his families food.
Think how many wars have gone on where the other side is armed, being armed does not guarantee survival or safety from attack.

I have made my own decision, ban guns from public ownership, exceptions are vets and farmers. There may be others I have not thought of.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote