Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th October 2018, 20:41   #21
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

If they moved because of debt it won't be just this one. You don't move house because you owe a couple of hundred quid.

This will be one of many debts, if it's the reason they moved.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 21:08   #22
Framps
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Shame to hear

Hi
I have never had any contact with you, but it is a shame that a as!'?!! Not a nice name would do this. I believe if I have not got the money I do not get the job done, I have been offered the work and pay later. It is the great people on this club that make this club, it is such a shame that a few ( not nice words) have to ruin it for most of the people that love these cars and are willing to help others
Lawrence
Framps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 21:37   #23
phatfiesta75
Loves to post

rover 75 2.0 cdti connoisseur se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framps View Post
Hi
I have never had any contact with you, but it is a shame that a as!'?!! Not a nice name would do this. I believe if I have not got the money I do not get the job done, I have been offered the work and pay later. It is the great people on this club that make this club, it is such a shame that a few ( not nice words) have to ruin it for most of the people that love these cars and are willing to help others
Lawrence
So true Lawrence👍
phatfiesta75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 22:30   #24
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Andy. I have never dealt with you or met you, but you sound and appear to be one of the ‘good guys’ in this world. I know you would find it hard, but you must still adopt the “pay me before you take it” attitude.It might be hard to do for you, but if you don’t, you will find it will happen again. There are always people who will take advantage of others when that filthy lucre is involved. It is having the ability to mark them out that makes a difference. I am sure most of us would never dream of ripping someone off, Be it members of the club or not. Trouble is it only takes one to put a sour taste in your mouth. One last thing: if he reads this and other comments, he may, just may, get in touch with you. Fingers crossed for you Andy.
Old 14th October 2018, 07:11   #25
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy willi View Post
hi please take this as a warning there are people on this forum who will rip you off .

here is my story of me being ripped off .

it all started on 3/7/2018 i got a text message for help, i did know this guy but not well had met him a few times , he had a problem with his zt , the engine had suddenly stopped , so within an hour of the text i was with the car and diagnosed the fault as a broken cam belt to his surprise, he told me the belts had been done within the last 6 months .

i arranged recovery of the car and payed for this and the car was with me on 11/7/18 .

removed engine and stripped it down to find a broken cam shaft ,

talked to customer and we went down the route of replacing the engine ,
i fitted new cambelt and clutch and supplied a good engine out of a car i have owned for 12 years (my red 190 ztt) ,

the car also require a remap to take the engine upgrade so after talking to my customer i got big russ in he worked his t4 magic and all was good .

the customer collected the car on the 13/7/ 18 he payed me £250 and told me he would pay me the rest on the next monday then the first bomb shell russ had not been payed for the t 4 work ,so i payed him . now left with an under payment of £350 .

now the fun starts had no contact for 2 weeks and no payment so i started to send text messages but no reply for a week. then an offer of payment if i sorted out a few small problems (water leak and pas pump noise) car was booked back in on 27/718 but no show .
more text messages and all i got was excuses ,

been in hospital.
phone not charged up.
i turn my phone off at weekends
i have lost my job,
and the list continues .
then contact and a payment plan was set up for £50 per week got 2 payments and have now had nothing for a month .

as i pass his house every day i saw the car there so did not worry, then his phone went dead and after being away last week when i passed his house this morning i got a shock it is empty and there is a for sale sign up .

i suspect i will now never get payed '

DO NOT DEAL WITH TRUEIRON
HE WAS LIVING IN DONCASTER

the reg no of his Car is BL02 EOH

IF YOU SEE THIS CAR PLEASE LET ME KNOW

not happy
andy
Just chalk it up to experience, at least you got some money out of him......it could have been worse, you could have ended up with nothing and we are not talking about massive amounts of money

Bet you won't do that again in a hurry, it's a shame when you trust a member and they do the dirty on you.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 08:13   #26
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I would think the house has been repossessed, people don't normally put a house up for sale and move out of it straight away.

If I am right, you're money will be just a drop in the ocean I'm afraid.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 09:18   #27
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Perhaps he has lost his job and house, a situation many of us could find ourselves in very quickly. If that is the case though he should’ve had the decency to say but perhaps he’s a proud person and too ashamed to say
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 10:56   #28
gazcaz
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Perhaps he has lost his job and house, a situation many of us could find ourselves in very quickly. If that is the case though he should’ve had the decency to say but perhaps he’s a proud person and too ashamed to say

That maybe so but i have spoken with Andi and believe you me if he had contacted him Andi would of been understanding and came to an arrangement earlier on,but all he got was ignored calls and texts and a load of excuses,it doesnt go away.

I hope Andi finds him, i would then tow the car as the engine is still unpaid for.

No matter how bad things are/get dont bury your head talk there is normally a solution....

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
gazcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 15:33   #29
andy willi
I really should get out more.......

PRE LAUNCH 75/ZT 190/XJ 550

thanks all for the support i have done my best to get payed and have gone down every avenue i can to sort it out but as brian has stated i will just have to put it down to a loss i wont recover , the money is not important to me ,its the trust i had in someone who lives (did live) 5 miles from me i did not expect him to do this to me if it was a customer miles away i would not have let the car go.

i wont make the mistake again so from now no more credit .

i have given credit to many people on here in the past to help them out and this now stops .

andy
andy willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 15:37   #30
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Speak to your accountant It will go on the tax return as a loss .You shouldn't be out of pocket at all .I trust you gave him an invoice and you have a copy of it.
tantallon is offline   Reply With Quote