Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2011, 08:52   #21
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseignot View Post
Nice one! Will be doing mine next week and was wondering what to use to clean it with.

Mike
you say the pcv was full of tar , i think you are confusing it with the egr (that would be full of tar).

The pcv is behind the injectors and is easy to access and clean, if it,s blocked oil will be pumping out of your dipstick and this could explain your loss .

Just a thought.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 10:39   #22
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

Spot on mt Flyer ! , I went on the web 1st thing this morning to look up the more difficult jpb of " the EGR" and of course i had it completely backwards. It was exactly as you say the EGV I did last year and not the PCV which I gave a swerve being a complete beginner.

Anyway today I did take the PCV out and the element is disgusting. I have done the best I can soaking it in fairy etc but of course I need a new element pronto.

At the same time I re checked the EGV which as you say I had de tarred and de coked last year and it was fairly clean so I havnt taken it off again. It did have a little oil sitting in the bottom as it sits on the car which I wiped out and I'm sure that shouldnt have been there of course.

My air filter has a sort of cloth cover on in which was disgusting so I ook th cover off and washed it thoroughly and dried it too.

Now I think I need to chnge the PCV element and air filter for new ones and somehow find someoen to fit the suspension rubbers at not too silly cost the try and get the car through an MOT to take away the rush element

Regards Mas