Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th June 2022, 07:30   #35
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Surely, that is one and the same. Otherwise I cannot see what you are getting at!

Kev
Kev, they are not the same in any shape or form.
You need to look back at the thread, it is mentioned that,
I, apparently think rules or rights can be over ridden at the stroke of a pen. I have asked for evidence WHERE I SUGGEST THIS. I have not asked for evidence of where it has been done or by whom, naturally as I did not make such a suggestion no evidence has been put forward.

I believe until the streets of America are cleared of guns the shootings will continue. There are so many guns in America and such a strong urge to own a gun the streets will never be cleared of guns and it is unlikely that they will ever be banned from public ownership.

I wonder how many students murdered at school, college and university have parents that were at the time pro gun and how many had parents that were not pro gun and if these figures have changed.

I do not think life can always be about an individuals rights but about the rights of everyone. People have the right to own gun in America but what about the rights of the innocent that have been shot dead? Should the right to own a gun trump the right to life without the fear of being shot?
Who sends their child to school think they are going to be shot?
To prevent the same thing in the UK if there was a vote about allowing people to own a gun I would not vote to have the right to own a gun, I would vote against it and would consider I was voting for the right of everyone to life without the fear of being shot and for a safer living environment.
I think some people miss the point, they cite an instant where someone has defended themselves with a gun where they are being attacked by someone with a gun.
The point is that if there were "no guns", the incident would "not be" happening.

We have a "no gun law" in the UK but we do have gun crime so there will be times a crime will happen but the number of incidents would be greatly reduced

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote