Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th February 2019, 23:32   #11
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
what is different about your clutch?

macafee2

I know, I know, it will be the gold plated cluxfufu clutch with hydraulic bearing. Unlike normal clutches you fit it to the crankshaft where a friction plate is held against a flywheel with a pressure cover that is disengaged by a bearing flexing a diaphragm on the cover allowing the friction plate to spin freely between the flywheel and the cover plate. All contained within a bell housing.
Ok perhaps. Not.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 23:45   #12
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilzin View Post
UPDATE

Finally got my pride n joy back after a week...seems the 'suppliers' kept on sending the wrong parts, but I stuck to my guns and had the original quote honoured and glad I told 'em it was MOT d two weeks ago

Not bad for an 18 yo car and again NO advisories !

So glad they got it back to you undamaged and working. I have to assume things are different in England from Scotland. Up here we just give the factor the reg no and chassis number if asked and the parts arrive at the garage within the hour.
Don’t get me wrong we get the odd box with three brake pads in it, or sometimes a box with a different part to that listed on the box. But 95% of the time they get it correct first time and if it’s wrong it’s usually an incorrect repack.
I know I retired ten years ago but I still stick my head in to my old workshop from time to time. It is sad that the restoration business has been dropped in favour of eurobox work but its new owner will be a rich man. Unlike me who made an extra living to pay for the family’s extras.
The boys still phone the factors after the strip down and the parts are there before they are ready to re assemble the car.
Is the supply chain different down south.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote