Notices

Old 12th April 2016, 18:14   #1
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts
Default eBay concern

Hi guys

I use eBay regularly to buy and sell stuff. I recently put up a camera lens for sale and the buyer has zero feedback with a foreign name and is using the eBay GSP shipping service in order to have goods sent overseas

He was the only bidder yesterday for the item and I've just received notification of payment.

I am concerned about this as I'm quite wiery of sending items overseas. Well, with the GSP service, I believe the way it works is that I send the item to a central address in the UK and they then send it onto the buyer. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I'm concerned that the buyer may claim he hasn't received the good and it may make it hard to trace and then I end up losing out. It's £300 as well so a lot of money. I'm quite tempted just to refund him and cancel the order. Opinions?
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 18:22   #2
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Isn't this all run by eBay? I was of the understanding that using this service is safer for the seller than using Royal Mail International etc. I think you'll have more comeback if something goes wrong.

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 18:23   #3
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Hi guys

I use eBay regularly to buy and sell stuff. I recently put up a camera lens for sale and the buyer has zero feedback with a foreign name and is using the eBay GSP shipping service in order to have goods sent overseas

He was the only bidder yesterday for the item and I've just received notification of payment.

I am concerned about this as I'm quite wiery of sending items overseas. Well, with the GSP service, I believe the way it works is that I send the item to a central address in the UK and they then send it onto the buyer. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I'm concerned that the buyer may claim he hasn't received the good and it may make it hard to trace and then I end up losing out. It's £300 as well so a lot of money. I'm quite tempted just to refund him and cancel the order. Opinions?
i'v sent stuff oversea's before with gsp and never had a problem
steve.
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 19:02   #4
Ravinder
This is my second home

I've just messaged the buyer. This is what he said:

Yes, I am overseas. I was the first time to buy things in xx. If you are not assured Crossing transaction, we can terminate the deal

The fact that he has zero feedback is concerning me. I currently have another individual saying that they haven't received their item that I sent a few weeks back. Also overseas through GSP which I'm trying to deal with. AND also another buyer in the UK that hasn't received his item and has claimed against me. Again, was also sent and have postage receipt for this. PayPal went in his favor and gave him the money back while I was still trying to investigate it with Royal Mail.

£300 is a lot of money to me right now and I really cannot be bothered with any more hassle if anything goes wrong.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:11   #5
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
I've just messaged the buyer. This is what he said:

Yes, I am overseas. I was the first time to buy things in xx. If you are not assured Crossing transaction, we can terminate the deal

The fact that he has zero feedback is concerning me. I currently have another individual saying that they haven't received their item that I sent a few weeks back. Also overseas through GSP which I'm trying to deal with. AND also another buyer in the UK that hasn't received his item and has claimed against me. Again, was also sent and have postage receipt for this. PayPal went in his favor and gave him the money back while I was still trying to investigate it with Royal Mail.

£300 is a lot of money to me right now and I really cannot be bothered with any more hassle if anything goes wrong.

I've used the eBay GSP system without issue, probably safer than normal shipping.

In all honesty if you don't want hassle, don't use eBay.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 19:16   #6
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

You can also restrict your buyers to people with at least 10 feedback points, or at least you used to be able to.

In all honesty, if your gut is telling you it's dodgy, I would listen to it and cancel it but be prepared for a neg rating. I know it's not the done thing but £300 is a lot of money to take a chance with.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:17   #7
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Also, change your settings to UK buyers only.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:32   #8
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

when you started using ebay,did you have zero feedback....i rest my case.
you've gotta start somewhere
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 19:38   #9
Ravinder
This is my second home

Yes, I understand we start with zero feedback, but I'm just being cautious. I will have a careful read of the conditions on their site and may even give eBay a call tomorrow to clarify some things just to ensure that I am covered if anything goes wrong.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:51   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I think you are only responsible for sending the item to the ebay UK shipping centre.

Once ebay ship the parcel off to the buyer, its ebays responsibility. ebay are protected via the shipping service they used anyway, so if anything were to go wrong, ebay would claim from the courier.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote