Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2020, 22:05   #1
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default window electrics problems

I have suddenly run into a problem with my R/N/S/window switch. The master control switch on the drivers door panel controls the window perfectly but the local switch appears dead. I have also swapped the offside switch to give that a try but that didn't move the window either.
This came about after I had to change the door. The lock works ok from the central locking.
Does the window have two separate means of controlling it?

Any ideas would be appreciated
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 23:08   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

i had the same problem with my rear door after changing it for a better one due to paint issues. i unplugged the door main connector switch at the pillar (the main supply plug thats difficult to access ) then used electric contact cleaner to give the contacts a wash and then plugged and unplugged several times and bingo ! hope yours is as easy .
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 08:50   #3
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Hello xsport,

Thanks for you reply.

just puzzles me why it works from the master panel switch on the driver's door but not the local switch. I will give your suggestion a try. The last thing I want is to have to take the door-card off again.
Old 26th June 2020, 09:10   #4
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Just to check the obvious Geoff you haven't disabled the local switch by pressing the button on the master panel?

The rear switches go directly into the Body Control Unit, so if the switch itself is good maybe you have a break in the wiring somewhere, or a dodgy earth.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 26th June 2020 at 09:14..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 09:12   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Mike took the words out of my mouth, make sure the child lock isn't enabled on the master switch

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 15:38   #6
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Hi Brian and Mike,

Thank you both very much for your input. I have been out in the garden all day and on coming inside saw there were 2 more replies, from you both.
I went to my car, just pressed the tiny button at the bottom of the driver's console, and hey wonders,- we have up and down control from the rear door switch.

I had totally forgotten about that switch. You both saved me going into dismantling mode. It could well have been the "B" post main connector as you , xsport., suggested.