Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd April 2016, 12:37   #31
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Both of mine if we still have two by then will be left to my 3 kids to squabble over!well how do I put it.in the opening post Bob mentions FLYING BANANA has been left to someone on the forum well I'm the lucky forum member I can't put into words how this makes me feel.it still hasn't really sunk in,hopefully it won't be for a very long time,I've always loved yellow cars but banana is sunspot and she just makes me smile every time I see her,Bob is such a true gent in every way a man after my own heart nothing is too much trouble and is always up for a chat or meet up,after only knowing Bob for around 18 months we were stood with Clyde at athelhamton house admiring the old girl ( flying banana) and Bob said to me you like her don't you my reply was obviously I would love to own her and with that his reply was I'll leave her to you in my will I just had a giggle and said ok no worries,Bob replied I'm serious,I replied thank you and left it at that,well we have never really spoken about it as it upsets me to think of losing Friends let alone Bob,well at a mini meet we had with Allen and val ( ratty ) at jacks patch garden centre in teignmouth Bob presents me with a brown envelope and said I told you so I guessed what was inside and my god I had a lump in my throat and tear in my eye I got home to open the envelope and there in black and white true to his words Bob had left me FLYING BANANA I could've dropped there on the spot I'm still in shock now and can't believe why I've been chosen out of all of the people Bob knows to leave her to me,she will be cared for and kept in the fold for as long as I'm on this planet she will be loveingley driven and not abused,all that is left to say as I feeling a bid sad and emotional thinking of these times ,WE AS A COUPLE ME AND SHIRLEY HAVE NEVER MET SUCH A LOVELY PERSON AS BOB BURGESS IN SUCH A SHORT TIME OF KNOWING HIM BEEN WELCOMED WITH TRUE OPEN ARMS AND CAREING NATURED TRUE GENTLEMAN,YOU ARE ONE IN A MILLION BOB AND DONT YOU LET ANYONE TELL YOU ANY DIFFERENT,along with Bob we have met some equally as nice people who we regullarly go on weekends away and meets I don't have to mention names as you all know who you are your all special to us and will always be,well enough of my going on so ,THANK YOU BOB BURGESS AKA FLYING BANANA FOR THE GIFT OF A LIFETIME

Last edited by Cable Tie; 3rd April 2016 at 12:54..
Cable Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:13   #32
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt darke View Post
Both of mine if we still have two by then will be left to my 3 kids to squabble over!well how do I put it.in the opening post Bob mentions FLYING BANANA has been left to someone on the forum well I'm the lucky forum member I can't put into words how this makes me feel.it still hasn't really sunk in,hopefully it won't be for a very long time,I've always loved yellow cars but banana is sunspot and she just makes me smile every time I see her,Bob is such a true gent in every way a man after my own heart nothing is too much trouble and is always up for a chat or meet up,after only knowing Bob for around 18 months we were stood with Clyde at athelhamton house admiring the old girl ( flying banana) and Bob said to me you like her don't you my reply was obviously I would love to own her and with that his reply was I'll leave her to you in my will I just had a giggle and said ok no worries,Bob replied I'm serious,I replied thank you and left it at that,well we have never really spoken about it as it upsets me to think of losing Friends let alone Bob,well at a mini meet we had with Allen and val ( ratty ) at jacks patch garden centre in teignmouth Bob presents me with a brown envelope and said I told you so I guessed what was inside and my god I had a lump in my throat and tear in my eye I got home to open the envelope and there in black and white true to his words Bob had left me FLYING BANANA I could've dropped there on the spot I'm still in shock now and can't believe why I've been chosen out of all of the people Bob knows to leave her to me,she will be cared for and kept in the fold for as long as I'm on this planet she will be loveingley driven and not abused,all that is left to say as I feeling a bid sad and emotional thinking of these times ,WE AS A COUPLE ME AND SHIRLEY HAVE NEVER MET SUCH A LOVELY PERSON AS BOB BURGESS IN SUCH A SHORT TIME OF KNOWING HIM BEEN WELCOMED WITH TRUE OPEN ARMS AND CAREING NATURED TRUE GENTLEMAN,YOU ARE ONE IN A MILLION BOB AND DONT YOU LET ANYONE TELL YOU ANY DIFFERENT,along with Bob we have met some equally as nice people who we regullarly go on weekends away and meets I don't have to mention names as you all know who you are your all special to us and will always be,well enough of my going on so ,THANK YOU BOB BURGESS AKA FLYING BANANA FOR THE GIFT OF A LIFETIME
Not easy for me to put it into words but I had thought it long and hard. What will happen to that special car once I'm just dust blowing in the wind? Just a distant memory to most. I wanted Banana to go to someone I knew would look after her. A close friend of mine said he would love to own her one day. So I was originally let him have Banana. But doubt started to set in knowing what his record is on keeping a car for more than a few months.

Banana has been my lifeline, she has pulled me out of depression time and time again. Just on 3 years ago I was all for selling her, my depression was at an all time low. But then Redfive came up For Sale, so decided to get Banana partially restored and use Redfive as my every day car. I knew how much Redfive meant to Ian & Jan. So the plan was to sell Redfive back to them when Ian wanted. I did think of letting Banana go to Ian as well. Well we all know the story about Redfive.

The first time I ever met Matt I instantly liked him. No ifs or buts. A genuine guy with very shy, and sleepy wife. The more I met with Matt the more I could see something in him. So I knew that this was the person who would inherit Banana. As you can see from Matt's story the chat we had. And so Banana will move to warmer climes at sometime in the future.

I asked Matt if he would prefer to take on the V8 instead. Matt's reply was, " you know how much I would love a V8, but if it comes down to choosing then it must be Banana."
But had Matt gone for the V8 then Banana would have been offered to another special friend who also lives West of London in warmer climes.

What will happen to "Pooky Bear" now? Well, plans are afoot for her to be re-located. But that's for another day.

I won't hold it against you Matt, you know 'about the incident' at Newquay last year. Or mention that you failed to see a Bright Yellow car in the car park.

When the time comes for me to hang up my Fyffes I'll let you know. Until then I carry on spreading a bit of colour and smiles around.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:16   #33
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Just before I go, im going to buy a disappointing grey V8 then leave it to marinabrian.

Hmmm, I need another skip to house my junk I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Make sure it has a premium grille too
Why not indeed, more unobtanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
An import version of course
Oi you !! yet another dodgy "Yorkshire Dave" type of comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt darke View Post
Matt, what you don't realise is Bob has the Indiana Jones Holy Grail chalice he won on eBay with a cheeky last minute bid

Sadly that means you will have to wait at least six thousand years to get your hands on the Banana, by which time there will be no replacement head gaskets left

On a much lighter note, I couldn't give a monkeys what happens to my fleet once I've gone, probably squashed into a set of nice convenient foot square cubes I'd say.

A fantastic gesture from Bob, but one I at least won't come to fruition for a very very very long time to come

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote