Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Freebies Bazaar
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th November 2021, 15:19   #1
Stonybiosphere

Rover 75 Saloon

Cool Rover 75 51 Plate****Gone to a new home****

Hi All,

As you may have seen, a Rover 75 2.0 Diesel Manual is destined for the scrapyard. This car doesn't need to go there, as it is still viable to repair in the right hands. However, I appreciate that finding an individual willing to put in the time and money needed to restore a car is no mean feat.

The car is currently sitting in North Yorkshire, with insurance until Tuesday and a Valid MOT until next month. This means that if someone were to want the car, and had the space available, they could take it and save it from being a scrapper.

The issue that prevents the car from being driven at the minute is that the two back tyres are bald. If someone with a spare 215/R16 tyre wants the car, they could put their tyre on, as well as the spare in the boot, and have a car that can get to a destination.

There are a few options for the car if someone wants to take it. Depending on why they want it, I would be happy to do a few things. If the person intends to restore the car, they can have it in its current condition, free of charge. (There is £60 worth of Diesel currently in the tank, my relative (who owns the car) would like £50 for this fuel, or she can take it out of the tank and an individual can fill it up themselves)
If the person intends to break the car, again they could take it free of charge, but there are parts I would like off this vehicle so if we could come to an agreement on that beforehand it would be appreciated.
If someone wants to break the car, but doesn't want me to take any parts from it, then my relative would be happy to part with it for scrap value. This effort from me is purely an attempt to prevent good parts going to waste.

Hopefully people reading this understand my madness and there is someone out there who is able to help! Please feel free to ask any questions here or message me if you might be able to make an arrangement work. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Sam
Stonybiosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 17:03   #2
Stonybiosphere

Rover 75 Saloon

Update!

Apologies if you contacted me asking for pictures, my inbox filled up quickly! I've now cleared my inbox so if anyone else wants me to E-Mail pictures send a message and I'll send you some. I did consider trying to sell the car for its scrap value (~£150), but with the work that would be needed to take it off my relative's hands (driving up with a car, swapping wheels, driving back with two cars) I really didn't think anyone would be that interested, hence why I'm proposing I cover scrap value. I admit this may seem mad, but I would consider it more than £100 of loss to see this car go to scrap when it may still be restored, or used to keep a number of other Rovers on the road.

The car will no longer be insured after tomorrow, and I believe my Auntie will be driving it to the scrapyard before it runs out, so if you do want to make an arrangement on this, I hope you understand the urgency. Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 10:52   #3
Stonybiosphere

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello,

I've managed to come to an arrangement on the car with someone on here. Thank you to everybody that contacted me and thank you to the forum for helping to save another Rover. It will be collected today and hopefully restored, which will be a much better future for it!
Old 30th November 2021, 16:33   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonybiosphere View Post
Hello,

I've managed to come to an arrangement on the car with someone on here. Thank you to everybody that contacted me and thank you to the forum for helping to save another Rover. It will be collected today and hopefully restored, which will be a much better future for it!
great news, thank you for letting us know. It was very generous of you to offer it for free

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote