Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd February 2012, 23:10   #501
Bainzi
Avid contributor

MG ZT 385 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
I intend to make a patten of the chrome trim and make a GRP mould. & I might reproduce the Fog Light housing in GRP as it looks quite a simple shape to reproduce.
I think you would get some orders for these, I have 1 x chrome surround and grill set ordered from Sean. However, as I ended up with two bumper skins in MBB, I would buy a cheaper GRP surround and cover it myself plus two foglight mounts if available. We (All those doing this mod) also need the two side braces that fit on the top corners of the bumper (the bit the fir tree clip sits on) as they are not on the bare bumper skins. Im stuck at the moment trying to source these.

Let us know how you get on..

Regards

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver.
Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
`Roush Supercharger Fitted 07 Feb 11¬

`Do ... or do not, There is no Try`
Bainzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:25   #502
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainzi View Post
I think you would get some orders for these, I have 1 x chrome surround and grill set ordered from Sean. However, as I ended up with two bumper skins in MBB, I would buy a cheaper GRP surround and cover it myself plus two foglight mounts if available. We (All those doing this mod) also need the two side braces that fit on the top corners of the bumper (the bit the fir tree clip sits on) as they are not on the bare bumper skins. Im stuck at the moment trying to source these.

Regards
I have sometime in April, intend to make the wooden pattens and then the moulds. I would like to be producing in May if things go to plans. Will post nearer the time with photos. I know that two of my bumpers have fir-trees, will dig them out from the spare room, have a look at them and see what can be done.

Does anybody know if the the standard undertray/side panels and wheel arch liners from a 75 fit the premium bumper or is more GRP fabrication required?

Last edited by rover54; 22nd February 2012 at 23:31..
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:47   #503
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainzi View Post

Regards
I have checked my bumper, they all have the fir tree brackets. It doesn't look too difficult to take a GRP mould from the brackets and then they can be reproduced. Looking forward to making the moulds, got load of time on my hands in a couple months and want to fit my bumpers, the other bits won't take long; it will give me something to do.

Last edited by rover54; 23rd February 2012 at 21:15..
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:38   #504
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
I have sometime in April, intend to make the wooden pattens and then the moulds. I would like to be producing in May if things go to plans. Will post nearer the time with photos. I know that two of my bumpers have fir-trees, will dig them out from the spare room, have a look at them and see what can be done.

Does anybody know if the the standard undertray/side panels and wheel arch liners from a 75 fit the premium bumper or is more GRP fabrication required?
I have already done this conversion and the under tray will fit if you also get the oem splitter, otherwise there may be a small gap which could be overcome with tie grips, the wheel arch liner also comes up a fraction short but would be easy to fill the gap with a bit of DIY but I have left mine as it was without any issues

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:43   #505
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
The mesh is a problem. The plastic mesh needs injection moulding and is too expensive to manufacture. I might ask Radioguy if he can obtain just the mesh from the MG7, or if they are not available I will look for a good quality mesh..
The MG7 grille only comes as a complete unit, chrome surround, upper and lower main grilles, and lower side vent grilles. The grille parts cannot be obtained seperately. God knows why.
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 18:51   #506
dave s a
Regular poster

Mg zt

Default bumper grill

ihave just purchased i preium bumper from ruby rover will have to get it resprayed but need gill can i get these from you thanks dave
dave s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 18:56   #507
Terrorfex
Gets stuck in

Kia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave s a View Post
ihave just purchased i preium bumper from ruby rover will have to get it resprayed but need gill can i get these from you thanks dave

Ruby Rover? Cam you give us a little more information? Just the Premium Bumper on its own?
Terrorfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:10   #508
dave s a
Regular poster

Mg zt

Default bumper grill

yes bumper on its own have been looking on forum i think i need a mg6 grill as i am putting it on my zt mark 2 also do i need roer 75 fog lights or zt thanks dave
dave s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 09:30   #509
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Yes you can
Old 3rd March 2012, 09:36   #510
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
yes bumper on its own have been looking on forum i think i need a mg6 grill as i am putting it on my zt mark 2 also do i need roer 75 fog lights or zt thanks dave
You need a MG7 Limo grill set if fitting a Rover premium bumper, and chrome surround. All the grille parts come as one item, You can fit MkI or MkII fogs. MkIs need a little cutting from the mount for adjuster to pass.

You also need a Rover V8 splitter, as there will be a gap between the bumper and undertray, these are £30