Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2006, 17:52   #1
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Default Quite a saga

This is a strange one so thought I would tell you all

A friend of mine at work bought a new Renault Clio in April this year, last week he took it into the dealers for a service. When he picked it up they brought it to the door for him to drive away. He got in and thought "this is not my car" he got out and checked the number plates and it was his car so he got back in again and went to drive off. Again something told him that this car was different to his car so he stopped and went into the dealer to ask why his car seemed different to when he dropped it off. Their reply was "we have changed your dashboard for you and taken out your digital dashboard and put in an analog one" It seems that there has been a recall on the digital dashboard because something might go wrong with it. They have decided to replace them all with analog ones.

The recall was called before they sold him the car as new and its taken them until now to get the job done. He protested that they have taken something out of his car without asking him or telling him. They replied that they could do that. He rang the customer services dept and complained that the dealer had done this and the reply he got was "we can do that to your car at anytime and we do not have to inform you of anything"

Quite a story, the one thing I don't know is whether or not the dashboard recall was under a safety issue. The car is his and its bought and paid for so its not leased or anything like that. I guess that they can do this under a recall but its not a very customer friendly way to do it. :lol:

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 18:12   #2
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Default Slightly different story

My brother in-law went to a restaurant for dinner, with his wife, in their blue Mitsubishi Pajero. When they arrived, they gave the car to the valet for parking. When they got back from dinner to take the car, the valet brought it for them and they drove off. The next day, my in-law went to work. He only realized that the car was not his , as it missed the office parking lot remote control... In fact, he had driven off with a different car than his, but with the same colours and specs, without checking the car when he got it from the valet .
Later in the day, he got a phone call from the other owner and they exchanged the cars at the same restaurant. They were both lucky for not having their respective cars falling into suspicious hands...
Eventually, this is the price for driving common cars that you don't pay much attention to...
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 18:27   #3
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

I work nights.

Last winter, one particularly cold & icy morning, we'd just finished our 12hr night shift.

We all left the building together, and proceeded to de-ice windscreens etc.

One girl, who I shall refer to as 'J' drove a Ford Ka, in black. More qualifications that you can shake a stick at, but a bit lacking in the common sense department!

Anyway, we're all busy starting engines, scraping windscreens etc, and poor J is trying desperatly to get into her car. No remote central locking. The key enters the lock, but will not turn.

She's standing there, blowing into the lock, she borrows a ciggy lighter and warms the key, tries again. No luck. She disappears back into the building in search of a cup of hot water to throw into/onto the lock. She's convinced the lock is frozen solid.

Meanwhile, we're all stood watching, trying to keep a straight face. As she disappears indors, we errupt with laughter. There's another Ka in the car park; the daft NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- is trying to get into the wrong one.

So, she reappears with a cup of steaming hot water, just as she's about to chuck it at the lock, my mate shouts to her, "J, whats your registration number?". She shouts back what it is. My mate shouts to her to check the registration of the car she's working on.

Much swearing was heard as we drove off. I was still chuckling about it 30 mins later when I arrived home!
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 18:37   #4
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Ken that does seem a bit bad customer service, surely they should inform you of the works before hand ?

the other stories are great reads
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 18:43   #5
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Tatts,

I have seen somewhere on the internet a funny movie where a bloke tries to de-ice a grey VW Golf, and when he finished, he clicks on his key fob to unlock the doors, only to find that he was de-icing the Golf parked next to his...
If I find it again, I will post the link
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 19:08   #6
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post
Ken that does seem a bit bad customer service, surely they should inform you of the works before hand ?

the other stories are great reads
According to the customer service dept they don't have to inform the owner if a car is taken in for something else, in this case a service. The chap at work is going to take it further I believe.

Ken
Old 4th December 2006, 19:17   #7
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
This is a strange one so thought I would tell you all

A friend of mine at work bought a new Renault Clio in April this year, last week he took it into the dealers for a service. When he picked it up they brought it to the door for him to drive away. He got in and thought "this is not my car" he got out and checked the number plates and it was his car so he got back in again and went to drive off. Again something told him that this car was different to his car so he stopped and went into the dealer to ask why his car seemed different to when he dropped it off. Their reply was "we have changed your dashboard for you and taken out your digital dashboard and put in an analog one" It seems that there has been a recall on the digital dashboard because something might go wrong with it. They have decided to replace them all with analog ones.

The recall was called before they sold him the car as new and its taken them until now to get the job done. He protested that they have taken something out of his car without asking him or telling him. They replied that they could do that. He rang the customer services dept and complained that the dealer had done this and the reply he got was "we can do that to your car at anytime and we do not have to inform you of anything"

Quite a story, the one thing I don't know is whether or not the dashboard recall was under a safety issue. The car is his and its bought and paid for so its not leased or anything like that. I guess that they can do this under a recall but its not a very customer friendly way to do it. :lol:

Ken
Trading Standards will have a field day with that! Tell him to give them a call...they will make mincemeat of the dealer and car manufacturer....pmsl...
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 19:19   #8
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedeedooday View Post
Trading Standards will have a field day with that! Tell him to give them a call...they will make mincemeat of the dealer and car manufacturer....pmsl...
When I next see him at work (Wednesday) I will tell him :lol:

Cheers

Ken