Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th September 2011, 12:43   #1
Toby Waters
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon (CDTi)

Default Lower Front Suspension Arm Bushes Replaced

Hi there,

I replaced my lower front suspension arm bushes a couple of weeks ago. It took three hours to get the car jacked up and replace the first bush and a further 30 minutes to replace the other side and drop the car down again once I had figured out the easiest way.

I used a small saw and lots of levering to split the rubber and allow removal of the outer section (as recommended in the how-to). I then found that the easiest way to remove the inner section was to try to rotate it using stillsons (plumbers pipe wrench) clamped round the inner whilst spraying silicone lube down into the gap between the rubber and the arm. After a couple of minutes of wiggling, the silicone spray got all the way underneath the rubber and allowed it to spin easily and be removed. Also some silicone lube was applied to the new bush which allowed it to be fitted easily. It helped to have someone else to use a lever to manipulate the new bushes into place when refitting the bolts.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,
Toby
Toby Waters is offline   Reply With Quote