Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd October 2019, 18:43   #1
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Ticking noise

Hi guys, I have a problem with my 2.0 V6, recently it developed a ticking noise that is heard from the driver's side (LHD car) when sitting inside the car and driving, it's not really so loud and you can only hear it if you're paying enough attention and only happens when slowly accelerating or decelerating between 2000-3000 RPM, and it goes at the same "ratio" with the RPMs (the more RPMs, the faster the ticking noise). It is not the intake manifold, new one was fitted with upgraded VIS motors, so that is to be left out. I know how a bad manifold sounds and that is completely different. I am thinking that ia has to do with the injectors maybe as I've recently replaced the thermostat and they were taken out of the manifold, even though, I fitted them all with new O rings on the rail side, but the middle and the head rings of the injectors that make them sit in the manifold were not replaced and I could easily take the injector out or put them back in or turn them around inside the manifold without much struggle, and maybe that would be the issue? Although none of them is leaking, not even a drop... I am thinking that one of them has packed up and is spraying too much petrol inside the cylinder and maybe there's the issue with the ticking, as ot developed rather shortly after replacing the thermostat.

It is also to be heard when starting the enginge cold, driving for about 1-5 minutes and then coming to a stop and letting the engine idle, in this case, you can hear it a little louder...

It sounds quite like this, but not really that loud:

Ticking

Last edited by Rsnail; 3rd October 2019 at 18:52..
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote