Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th October 2018, 20:43   #11
phatfiesta75
Loves to post

rover 75 2.0 cdti connoisseur se

Good luck colin I look forward to seeing the progress with this beauty 🙂
Ste
phatfiesta75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 14:22   #12
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Been making a wave already.

Offered to help my neighbours out on their daughters wedding day. Figured was least I could do after over 8 years of them having to look at project cars and listen to me banging and grinding on other side of the fence.

Never had so many complements about a car in my life before this one.

And I had to make a temporary upgrade until I do the air con install of drivers Cup holder and a little mechless head unit with Bluetooth that has served me well for years now.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 28th October 2018 at 14:30..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 23:52   #13
phatfiesta75
Loves to post

rover 75 2.0 cdti connoisseur se

Nice colin, looks well suited as a wedding car 🙂👍.
Ste
phatfiesta75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 06:05   #14
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

I've been so busy. Since I crashed my old car and bought this I started a new job full time on top of my part time job so havnt had a minute spare.

Finally I've got around today to sorting some things out.

Yep that's fog lights and meteors fitted now. Thank god, and with my alpine spec hankooks for my next trip to Austria also!

Few other tweeks you can't see, did O rings when bumper was off for fog lights, debadged rear and deflaged rear and fitted a black CDTI badge also.

The reversing lights had given up so swapped the gearbox switch over after finding my extra deep 19mm socket and wolla sorted and finally tidied up the running gear with satin black paint.

She's not looking bad at all if I do say.

Only things I'd change to outside now will be a set of springs at some stage and mg7 tail lights, projector head lights and black grill / full chrome grill depending which I find first.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 9th December 2018 at 06:09..
Old 9th December 2018, 08:26   #15
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Union flag being removed I get living where you do, but removal of the 75 badge? How come
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 14:42   #16
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Union flag being removed I get living where you do, but removal of the 75 badge? How come
Was cracked and chrome was lifting. Plus I always take the 75/zt off the cars. Like it when people have to ask what the cars are and you can talk about it.

As for the "fleg" I had a silver 75 thst was badly keyed around the Union flag and also came back to find my freelander van union flags pulls off and scored badly. Its not worth the hassle here.
Old 17th February 2020, 22:05   #17
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Seing as photo bucket killed all my old posts I thought I'd upload current photos of her.

Firstly Meteors are of pending summertime refurbishment, likely sparkle silver but tempted by ceramic polishing with a laquor over the top.

Mean time I've taken my spare set of crowns that havnt seen a cleaning since brand new, however they have excellent tyres, so I'd experimented with a few products until I used clover oven cleaner of all things and got it all off in about 10 minutes an alloy without a jet wash.

Previously at Christmas pre MOT it had new springs, top mounts, drop links, lower arms, lower arm bushes, control arms and a few other bits fitted by local MG Rover expert Mark at MGR-NI because I've been too busy working to have time off to sort my own stuff!!

Today I was sorting out a few minor issues, handbrake adjustment, new under tray and clips by Discount MG ROVER spares.

Finally I took to sorting the paint out, removing all the fallout, chimney soot and slime the car had built up since September.

To finish it off I've fitted my Crown alloys that I degunked back to almost brand new. The meteors will be going for refurb before the summer season starts however I adore how it looks now.

Car looks excellent now, and bar one more job (back door handle occasionally jams) it's ready for MOT.

Sadly with the MOT situation disaster in Northern Ireland it looks like May before the none urgent cars will be tested.
Old 17th February 2020, 22:20   #18
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Photos reuploaded for previous posts also now so not the most up to date.

Old 28th February 2020, 22:40   #19
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Twitchy bum time.....

But she passed without even a minor fault.

Now to start the 1.8 auto project.
Old 6th March 2020, 20:44   #20
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Default Two white tourers.......

Here's a situation. Some people know about my purchasing of a white tourer in 2019. Its an 2001 diesel, was originally a club spec and had been bought by a breaker to strip and crush.

Now I got her home after shipping it from England and at one stage the car was in reasonable condition.

Everything is missing, the brakes don't even work, the engine suffers from turbo run away, and i've literally bought this car for the vin number, colour code and its in the £200 a year road tax diesel category like my saloon!

Now im saving up to do a complete rebuild on the car, I aim to do as close to a 100% strip and restore where possible, with the goal to make it not just a great tourer, but superior to anything that would have left MG Rover.

This is something that will be a very long term project, but I want it to be my family car if and when we are lucky to have children. So I also plan to do things like fit isofix brackets, sound deaden the entire vehicle and potentially convert it to diesel automatic with another car.

This will be a massive undertaking and my goal is to have it finished and submit it to be part of the club display at the NEC for 2024. A high standard I know.

So as you can imagine, im always on the look out for panels, parts and such when I was on ebay last weekend and found this........

[IMG][/IMG]

Which is now on route to Northern Ireland also! LOL!

Its a 2.0 v6 connie se, thats over heated. As you can see it looks excellent, so its on route to me now. having spoken to the owner at great length he's filled me with confidence about the car.

Now everyones thinking, ah thats a parts car. Well ideally no, i've been looking for a long time at a back up car for ourselves. So hopefully a few simple repairs will save it, a quick MOT and i've gotten a back up car we can use as needed. Additionally I promised that unless its going to cost me silly money I will save this car.

I'm hoping a thermostat and fan change is all it needs, otherwise I will swap another 2.0 into it, as it looks excellent and keep it as is.

Unfortunately this has led me to some pretty big choices about my fleet. Im moving on my track day 1.8t, my 1.8 auto and in the summer my streetwise as with two jobs, studying full time at university as a Psychotherapist and planning a family i've zero time to build and enjoy the cars in the same way, so streamlining the fleet is in order. The 1.8 auto especially is too nice to waste as I saved it from the crusher with the plan to mot and sell to a local enthusiast.

The only two projects I want to have that are "unfinished" by May is my white tourer diesel and my ztt rebuild.

That will leave me 4 Rover 75s and 1 ztt. My lhd auto 75 for our foreign holidays, my white 75 saloon which is purely for going to meets and shows in, my yellow zt-t 190 which will return only when its restored to my standard and not before, and then these two tourers.

So yes, I now own 2 of the 39 old english white tourers. And if all comes to pass in a few years, a matching pair as both will be restored to be identical bar the engine.