Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th June 2021, 20:25   #11
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Did anyone look at the T&C's when no one suitable applied?

Do the folks you need already have certain skills? If so then that'll need to be recognised in the "package" to tempt them to join you. If no one suitable applied then the "package isn't attractive enough. It doesn't matter what the boss thinks of the package, they are already there. It's what possible new folks think of it.

But surely that's teaching granny to suck eggs.
I’ll be honest the jobs actually fairly good with decent enough pay for something you don’t need any skills or qualifications for. Company healthcare, decent pension plan, good chance of getting good bonuses (11% across the uk site this year), it’s laid back, plenty of time for tea breaks, no shareholders, profits split between business investment, charity, and staff bonuses.

If you live local enough there’s a free swimming pool on site, various clubs and groups (not been able to meet for the last year but they generally have days out), including a ‘car club’ which is basically an old unit with a 2 post lift and selection of tools you can use for free if you book a time slot, free Christmas panto and present for the kids, annual free family day out to a zoo or theme park type of thing, £100 a year to a charity of you choice, and a few other things.

Decent enough pay, I think the starting salary is around £25,000 for new starters.

It’s working with chemicals, which can be messy, but you’ve just got to be careful. 1 new idiot on my shift decided he didn’t need to wear all the PPE, and got a tiny amount of powder on his arm, less than a 5p sized spot, didn’t realise and his overalls rubbed it all up his forearm. 2 days later he had to go to hospital and the nurse removed a layer of his forearm with an antiseptic wipe!
I’ve been there around 10 years and worst I’ve had is a tiny burn on my foot, about 10mm diameter, where I lifted a pump out of a drum, and just at the point I was stretching up to get it out the bung hole a drop came off the end, my overalls were lifted up from stretching and the drop went down the side of my boot and soaked into my sock. Didn’t feel anything for about 30 mins, but the time I felt it, it was too late!

Anyway back on subject of running out of things, in work today, 3 mixers out of 5 are down due to lack of raw materials. By the time I get back in in the morning, all 5 will have stopped.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2021, 09:29   #12
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

That sounds pretty attractive. Don't get why no-one suitable has applied .

Maybe you've just got a load of workshy folks around you.

Good luck with finding someone soon and hope that your supplies are finding their way to you sooner rather than later.

Cheers.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:53   #13
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

HGV driver shortage was on Radio 4 yesterday... You can get th repeat on BBC sounds. Copy and paste th below into google to hear it.

UK Holiday Costs; Truck Driver Shortages; Artificial Grass

And to add insult to injury... They latter discussed Artifical grass. :-(

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 22nd June 2021 at 07:56..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:05   #14
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Here is some of th problems within th industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8k8k1Mia2I