Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st December 2014, 21:24   #11
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
and this is the loom that works - apart from the SWC's obviously. There is a flat connector with 3 wires that I haven't got plugged in (?) and there are two wires from the car loom connector block which don't have anything connecting to them in the DD loom - they are white and red and blue and orange....... are these the ones I want?
Hi Mystabe
The 17 Pin Adapter , Plugs to yuour Round Pin adapter , Then the 2 Plugs from that Have to Plug to the Loom that we Supplied with the head unit
Fir your Steering
You want the GREEN and the BLACK (Car Wires) to the BLUE/ORANGE and BLUE PINK on the Loom

Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:07   #12
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Thanks Sean but two interesting things.......

1. I didn't get all those leads and connectors with my DD - didn't matter as it happened because I had the bits I needed from my WinCE DD but??

2. I didn't get my steering wheel controls to work in the end the way you've described! For future searchers benefit I went through lots and lots of previous SWC threads until I found one that mentioned pins 10 & 17 in the car loom connector being the ones you need. I unplugged my DD connector from the car connector and on the inside face of the car loom connector the pin numbers are marked. Sure enough 10 and 17 had the blue/orange & blue/purple wires which in my incompetence I had completely failed to notice until that point. I connected them to the wires marked SWC coming from the connector plugged into the back of the DD and bingo! fully functioning steering wheel controls Easy when you know how

My only complaint now is that I want a few more buttons on my steering wheel

Last edited by mystabe; 2nd December 2014 at 09:27..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:16   #13
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Sean but two interesting things.......

1. I didn't get all those leads and connectors with my DD - didn't matter as it happened because I had the bits I needed from my WinCE DD but??

2. I didn't get my steering wheel controls to work in the end the way you've described! For future searchers benefit I went through lots and lots of previous SWC threads until I found one that mentioned pins 10 & 17 in the car loom connector being the ones you need. I unplugged my DD connector from the car connector and on the inside face of the car loom connector the pin numbers are marked. Sure enough 10 and 17 had the blue/orange & purple/orange wires which in my incompetence I had completely failed to notice until that point. I connected them to the wires marked SWC coming from the connector plugged into the back of the DD and bingo! fully functioning steering wheel controls Easy when you know how

Hi Dave,

The picture Sean posted is of the WinCe supplied cables and not the Android units
Also just a small correction on Sean's post.
The colours of the swc wires in the car loom are blue/orange and blue/purple which can be found in different places depending on car, I.e on the yellow/green/blue connector, the ISO connectors or BMW 17 pin connector.

Either way glad you are sorted Sir

Last edited by coolcat; 2nd December 2014 at 09:20..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:31   #14
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Dave,

The picture Sean posted is of the WinCe supplied cables and not the Android units
Also just a small correction on Sean's post.
The colours of the swc wires in the car loom are blue/orange and blue/purple which can be found in different places depending on car, I.e on the yellow/green/blue connector, the ISO connectors or BMW 17 pin connector.

Either way glad you are sorted Sir
Cheers, I've amended my last post with the correct wire colours as well so hopefully people with round pin looms shouldn't have to do the searching I did in the future if they fail to spot the wires in the connector like me
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:22   #15
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Cheers, I've amended my last post with the correct wire colours as well so hopefully people with round pin looms shouldn't have to do the searching I did in the future if they fail to spot the wires in the connector like me
If there weren't so many variables we could make a sticky but what's right for one is usually incorrect for the next person

Even those two colours are wrong should the person have the infra red system as fitted to the cars with Kenwood oem radios !

Life is never simple
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:25   #16
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Something like this maybe ?

Nige
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-12-02 12.06.59.jpg (126.3 KB, 84 views)

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 15:21   #17
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
Something like this maybe ?

Nige
possibly..... in a more convenient location maybe - can I ask you how you did it wiring wise?
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:33   #18
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

It is actually (for me) very convenient. I'm not a great lover of SWC on the wheel and much prefer them fixed on the column. The additions are yet to be tested as I don't yet have my Nav' 2 to install but have been making preparations for it. I did try and find a four way rocker of a small enough size but ended up using just the two single units. I'm not sure what the limits are on the resistance recognition of the Navall but I have gone for 6.8k and 8.2k. I am sure there would be many values that would work but I would need to have the Nav' 2 installed to check it out. Very simple circuit wired in parallel with the existing SWC circuit. I can post the circuit if you need it and the resistance values of the existing controls.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 12:46   #19
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Hi all

Trying to fit my Naval 3 into the new 75 where I have a simple Harmonie. Not much in terms of wiring and figure out the my BMW connect poor has the blue/orange and blue/purple SWC wires which don't make it through to the Standard BMW to ISO adapter I have - meaning I need to fit the two (pins 10 & 12 in the round pin BMW adapter) to the Naval loom.

The question is its not clear to where ... The naval loom has a red barely populated plug with just black and orange and no labels. Plus a flying cable labelled "key 1" which is brown/ black ...

Any ideas where the blue/purple and blue/orange cables go please??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1435495234.612182.jpg (131.3 KB, 46 views)

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 12:50   #20
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

And this is the Navall connector ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1435495722.088338.jpg (144.5 KB, 61 views)

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote