Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th June 2015, 19:12   #1
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Default Navall III - some generic questions

Just getting the hang of the system after installing it this weekend and have a few questions (that may be obvious to some who have had these systems for a while - so apologies if they are TOO obvious!)

- the plugs at the back were not quite as described in the manual (what's new!? ) I figured out which of the two gold coax connectors was for the antenna for radio - what is the other for?
- the two USB sockets at the back (with extension cables) are they the usual usb you would find on a tablet? and can be used to plug in say a memory stick with audio/ images/ data as usual? what else? (did I read USB 'camera' in the manual?)
- I have yet to connect my iPhone (5) I am hoping there is iPhone control in there(?)
- I may also put content (audio mainly) in the micro sd card on the right - what type of audio file is preferred? and how do I guarantee the track/album/performer name and album art is preserved?? (can I just dump the content of my iTunes folder??)

Thanks for any pointers - enjoying playing with my new toy

Best

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 19:24   #2
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

the second gold coax is for the sat nav module

WRT music I have used MP3 on the SD card and it then picked up all the album art from the internet; as its an android device I think this is probably the one as the M4a files are only apple (I think!!) as when I take iTunes stuff and copy on my android phone it converts to MP3

I also use blue tooth music a fair bit straight from my phone which seems to work really well and would not require any file changes
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 19:25   #3
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

WRT the USBs; I only put one in and ran a USB extension to the Glove box; guess you could consider using an iPhone one there. I tend to use Bluetooth though rather than wires.
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 19:26   #4
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDave View Post
the second gold coax is for the sat nav module

WRT music I have used MP3 on the SD card and it then picked up all the album art from the internet; as its an android device I think this is probably the one as the M4a files are only apple (I think!!) as when I take iTunes stuff and copy on my android phone it converts to MP3

I also use blue tooth music a fair bit straight from my phone which seems to work really well and would not require any file changes
Thanks for this. The GPS has a different connector on a fly lead on my Navall, which I connected up, so the 2nd gold connector is "free" ... is it redundant perhaps?

Thanks for the rest re music, I will have a play - I will see if I need to download any particular player too

Cheers

in banana veritas
Old 29th June 2015, 19:52   #5
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Coolcat

Hi Christopher
Coolcat will be along shortly!
Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 20:25   #6
GeraintUK
Passed Away

MG ZT-T 160

the other connection is for a WiFi antenna.

hth
GeraintUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 20:43   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraintUK View Post
the other connection is for a WiFi antenna.

hth
Is the correct answer

......and yep, I'm here but you guys beat me to it
Old 30th June 2015, 05:29   #8
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

One of the rear USB`s on mine came connected to the longer USB cable from the rear of the screen so I left that alone, I think it`s to do with inbuilt DAB. The other USB can be used for storage of whatevet you want, I have had a 64GB USB thumb drive into it with music, film and .pdf files all of which can be played,viewed or read.
In that same USB socket I have also had connected (obviously not at same time) smal hard drives, these have been self powered (getting power through USB) I had a 320GB and a 1TB drive again with music, films and files and all were able to be accessed.
To give you an idea about what a 1TB (terabyte) will hold...

...250 DVD films (2 hours in length).

320,000 high resolution digital photos.

17,000 hours of music:
To put that in perspective that’s 708 days of non-stop listening to music, without sleeping –
that’s just under 2 YEARS! Knock yourself out!
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:07   #9
Hairy Harry

MG ZT-T 260 SE

Default Navall3

Having now got all the Navall3 "bits" including the DAB aerial, I thought I'd have a trial run to connect everything up on the dining room table (wife out!). I think I was actually the first to order a Navall3, but for a variety of reasons have only just thought about putting it all together. I have a few questions for you very clever people:- There are four leads out of the top left of the unit 1) USB to connect to a flying lead I think 2) GPS Antenna 3) aerial lead to extension lead from boot (?) 4) USB lead plugged into USB from I suppose the internal DAB radio Is this correct - if so neither of the gold aerial sockets are required?? The only phono connections used are red & white plugs - aux audio for the DAB radio and the brown plug for the rear camera input. Question what is the green plug for - says subwoofer?

Final question my car (a ZTT V8) has a Harmon Kardon unit is the amp still wired up as described by Kris ie separate speaker wires from amp wiring to wires adjacent to head unit?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Many thanks,

Geoff
Hairy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:11   #10
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Default Navall III - some generic questions

Well I've still not hooked up my iPhone to the unit - I have AirPlay and can see the Navall BT but I think I need to download a music player that can play music through Airplay(?) the one that's there doesn't do anything.

I've also plugged in the OBD BT dongle and unpaired my phone and paired the dongle. The app then still refuses to do anything - it can see and identify the dongle but the bullet "torque can talk to the ecu" (or words to that effect) has an exclamation mark next to it - not sure what to try next???

in banana veritas