Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2015, 14:25   #11
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Harry View Post
Having now got all the Navall3 "bits" including the DAB aerial, I thought I'd have a trial run to connect everything up on the dining room table (wife out!). I think I was actually the first to order a Navall3, but for a variety of reasons have only just thought about putting it all together. I have a few questions for you very clever people:- There are four leads out of the top left of the unit 1) USB to connect to a flying lead I think 2) GPS Antenna 3) aerial lead to extension lead from boot (?) 4) USB lead plugged into USB from I suppose the internal DAB radio Is this correct - if so neither of the gold aerial sockets are required?? The only phono connections used are red & white plugs - aux audio for the DAB radio and the brown plug for the rear camera input. Question what is the green plug for - says subwoofer?

Final question my car (a ZTT V8) has a Harmon Kardon unit is the amp still wired up as described by Kris ie separate speaker wires from amp wiring to wires adjacent to head unit?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Many thanks,

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

The bottom attatched gold aerial socket is for the FM aerial extension coming from the rear of your car.
The top one of for an optional external wifi aerial.
The gold connector on a flying lead coming from the rubber grommet is for your Dab antenna .
The green subwoofer RCA connector is for exactly that, an aftermarket subwoofer/amp connection, nothing to do with the Highline subwoofer

If you wish to retain the original HK subwoofer you will need to wire up speaker cables front to rear as you mentioned .

Harry's guide on here should help you there
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:45   #12
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Well I've still not hooked up my iPhone to the unit - I have AirPlay and can see the Navall BT but I think I need to download a music player that can play music through Airplay(?) the one that's there doesn't do anything.

I've also plugged in the OBD BT dongle and unpaired my phone and paired the dongle. The app then still refuses to do anything - it can see and identify the dongle but the bullet "torque can talk to the ecu" (or words to that effect) has an exclamation mark next to it - not sure what to try next???
Afternoon Christopher,

Have you gone into the Apps and the 'OTHER' apps and installed Airpin from there?
If not you will need to do so

Once that is installed when you play a music/video/photo file from your Apple device you should be able to press the Airplay symbol and it will then stream the content to the Airpin app on your head unit

I've not really played with the OBD device so can't really offer up much help but I do believe you have to make a profile within the Torque app for it to function, I may be wrong there though so hopefully others who use it will be able to guide further

Last edited by coolcat; 3rd July 2015 at 14:48..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:09   #13
Hairy Harry

MG ZT-T 260 SE

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your quick response, shall get cracking now!

Geoff
Hairy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:34   #14
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Afternoon Christopher,

Have you gone into the Apps and the 'OTHER' apps and installed Airpin from there?
If not you will need to do so

Once that is installed when you play a music/video/photo file from your Apple device you should be able to press the Airplay symbol and it will then stream the content to the Airpin app on your head unit
I did install it thanks, but didn't know what to do after I got to that last screen you posted up ... so I then have to press the little green icon that appears in the top left of the screen when I want stream content? That is the bit I didn't get!

I'll try tomorrow - thanks

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:36   #15
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
I did install it thanks, but didn't know what to do after I got to that last screen you posted up ... so I then have to press the little green icon that appears in the top left of the screen when I want stream content? That is the bit I didn't get!

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll do a video
Old 7th July 2015, 10:28   #16
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Quote:

Frustratingly, I am none the wiser on this (and the OBD thing either - it cannot seem to find the right comms protocol for some reason!)

No major rush as I have things to do but would be nice to get it to work at some point ... I see a European trip on the horizon in August and probably will take this car so would be good to have it all working.

Cheers

in banana veritas
Old 7th July 2015, 10:29   #17
Christopher
Owners Club Director

PS: I uninstalled the Airpin and reinstalled it- and still I don't get the Airpin logo in the top left like that ... I'm guessing that is where the issue lies ...

in banana veritas
Old 9th July 2015, 22:58   #18
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Frustratingly, I am none the wiser on this (and the OBD thing either - it cannot seem to find the right comms protocol for some reason!)

No major rush as I have things to do but would be nice to get it to work at some point ... I see a European trip on the horizon in August and probably will take this car so would be good to have it all working.

Cheers
Christopher
We have had a few defects, I think we got ripped off with copies.
I havce a regular supplier and trust my agents call on these things in China, he gets me the real SD Cards and checks alot of bad apples before we make applesauce , I think this one got past him. He told me last month he had a better price and I said sure ! But about 50% seem to have issues . I have told him to go back to our original supplier. This is one of those items that is copied by "not so qualified" factories in China. My apologies. m

I am going to send you a new one

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 23:01   #19
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Christopher
We have had a few defects, I think we got ripped off with copies.
I havce a regular supplier and trust my agents call on these things in China, he gets me the real SD Cards and checks alot of bad apples before we make applesauce , I think this one got past him. He told me last month he had a better price and I said sure ! But about 50% seem to have issues . I have told him to go back to our original supplier. This is one of those items that is copied by "not so qualified" factories in China. My apologies. m

I am going to send you a new one

Sean
Thanks for the feedback Sean - much appreciated Would be nice to see it working

Kind regards

in banana veritas
Old 10th July 2015, 18:04   #20
Muck
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

moved into: Calling for Feedback , Bugs and fixes NAVALL 3

Last edited by Muck; 14th July 2015 at 16:05..
Muck is offline   Reply With Quote