Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st July 2015, 19:59   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default Fawlty Towers or Western Power ?

I recently had new smart meters fitted by EoN who reported to Western Power that I needed a new live feed coming into the house, so they sent out an engineer to asses the situation

He said that because the work had to be done in a narrow cupboard under the stairs it would be unsafe to do whilst live and the only way to switch off the power would be to dig up part of my drive which would be put back later

Although I was reluctant to have the drive dug up I decided to go ahead as it would make my electric safer.

So the job was booked and I arranged a time slot between 11am and 12 pm

On the day of the job 2 vans and 3 men turned up at 8.30 which was earlier than planned and they asked to look at the job and couldn't understand why the previous engineer had said that drive needed to be dug up, they asked if I knew his name as there was apparently no record of the visit on their records

The job was completed to my satisfaction without the drive being disturbed and the 3 men left before 11am saying they would make sure any more viisits were cancelled.

About an hour later another white van came with one man who had come to do the job so I told him what had happened and off he went

About 2 hours later another white van turned up followed by a 4x4 towing a trailer with a mini digger on, they had come to dig up the drive and although I was expecting them at 11 I had had no call to say they would be late and they just said their first job had taken longer than expected, anyway I sent them on their way too

The next day a large lorry turned up to fill in the hole which hadn't been dug and they too were sent on their way

So to summarise, although I was happy with the job and the men who did it, the company organisation was like something out of fawlty towers, if you count the initial engineer visit all in all I had 5 vans, 1 4x4 with trailer and mini digger, one lorry and 8 men to replace a live feed !

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 21st July 2015 at 20:02..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 20:24   #2
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

. ..

Beyond words....
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 20:28   #3
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

gees just be glad you were in to stop them digging up the drive.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:32   #4
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

you were lucky,some times no one comes at all and you have to keep phoning them

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 20:35   #5
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
I recently had new smart meters fitted by EoN who reported to Western Power that I needed a new live feed coming into the house, so they sent out an engineer to asses the situation

He said that because the work had to be done in a narrow cupboard under the stairs it would be unsafe to do whilst live and the only way to switch off the power would be to dig up part of my drive which would be put back later

Although I was reluctant to have the drive dug up I decided to go ahead as it would make my electric safer.

So the job was booked and I arranged a time slot between 11am and 12 pm

On the day of the job 2 vans and 3 men turned up at 8.30 which was earlier than planned and they asked to look at the job and couldn't understand why the previous engineer had said that drive needed to be dug up, they asked if I knew his name as there was apparently no record of the visit on their records

The job was completed to my satisfaction without the drive being disturbed and the 3 men left before 11am saying they would make sure any more viisits were cancelled.

About an hour later another white van came with one man who had come to do the job so I told him what had happened and off he went

About 2 hours later another white van turned up followed by a 4x4 towing a trailer with a mini digger on, they had come to dig up the drive and although I was expecting them at 11 I had had no call to say they would be late and they just said their first job had taken longer than expected, anyway I sent them on their way too

The next day a large lorry turned up to fill in the hole which hadn't been dug and they too were sent on their way

So to summarise, although I was happy with the job and the men who did it, the company organisation was like something out of fawlty towers, if you count the initial engineer visit all in all I had 5 vans, 1 4x4 with trailer and mini digger, one lorry and 8 men to replace a live feed !
Between them, they could'nt run a bath by the sounds of things!
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 20:36   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

It's nice to know you are popular though
Old 21st July 2015, 20:37   #7
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Not quite the same - but for the last 6 months I have been battling Scottish Power to get a proper bill so that I can actually pay them!! Since December last year they have been sending me 2 or 3 bill ON THE SAME day, all saying that I owe differing amount. Each time I call them I tell them I do want to pay but I need to know exactly what to pay, and can they explain the bills? they scratch heads over the phone and hum and ah and say they will call me back and don't. A few weeks/ month later I get a final demand followed by a collections agency demand .. I call them, they agree something is nit right, cancel the collections agency, say they will get back to me and don't ... this has been going in for 6 months now, each time I get 3 or 4 bills through the post and they cant explain them. In January I got a letter apologising that they had screwed up their computer system and wouldn't charge me for power consumed more than a year earlier ...

I asked them to calculate a final bill with this commission, and they said letter? what letter? they don't have any record if it!! So now they want me to scan the letter and send them a copy!!

So right now its £2,000 bill and counting ... and each time I call I ask them if the call is being recorded - and if it isn't I want it too!!!

This is crazy!!

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 20:41   #8
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Not quite the same - but for the last 6 months I have been battling Scottish Power to get a proper bill so that I can actually pay them!! Since December last year they have been sending me 2 or 3 bill ON THE SAME day, all saying that I owe differing amount. Each time I call them I tell them I do want to pay but I need to know exactly what to pay, and can they explain the bills? they scratch heads over the phone and hum and ah and say they will call me back and don't. A few weeks/ month later I get a final demand followed by a collections agency demand .. I call them, they agree something is nit right, cancel the collections agency, say they will get back to me and don't ... this has been going in for 6 months now, each time I get 3 or 4 bills through the post and they cant explain them. In January I got a letter apologising that they had screwed up their computer system and wouldn't charge me for power consumed more than a year earlier ...

I asked them to calculate a final bill with this commission, and they said letter? what letter? they don't have any record if it!! So now they want me to scan the letter and send them a copy!!

So right now its £2,000 bill and counting ... and each time I call I ask them if the call is being recorded - and if it isn't I want it too!!!

This is crazy!!
Switch to Western Power ....
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 20:47   #9
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

This is crazy!!
That's just plain weird, I'd be recording the calls myself if I was you Christopher.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:48   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

email the ceo's, explain the situation. Normally you will get a positive out come

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote