Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd July 2015, 00:34   #1
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Default Wiring in electric seats (non memory)

Hi all

I'm getting confused with the many threads on this subject, and a how to (with no pictures )

I am trying to wire in the electric motors only of the driver & passenger seats (non memory) and trying to figure out the wiring - the advice seems to be conflicting.

I have a switched live and a ground. The live I split into two fused lives - one for each seat.

So far I have tried wiring the passenger seat in (as in here) but I wired a +12V and Gnd but got no joy - I now read (here) that there are two lives - is this correct? If so - which ones (what colour wires)? (no photos in the original post).

If I can get the passenger seat working I can then tackle the drivers' side.

I do have power arriving at the seat, no blown fuses, just no movement.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 00:57   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Give me (via PM) the links that are missing the pics and I will see if I have them saved on my PC And therefore can reinstate them I cannot keep an eye on all threads that are relevent. I do my best but I do need the help from the members who note the missing contents

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 22nd July 2015 at 01:00..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:59   #3
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Answering my own question - it would seem that if you have the "older"(?) seats (with the yellow relay on the base) you need to supply a switched 12V supply to BOTH the orange/white and orange/green wires and then GND the Black wire. This goes for both the passenger and drivers' seats (non-memory seats) - did this and it work a treat!

Now I just need to find out, in the attached picture (not mine, taken from here) - which fuse corresponds to the switched live feed on the left most of the AUX connections? I have two inline 30Amp fuses for the seats but I guess there is a fuse in the fuse box somewhere as it went when I loaded the motors with the seat at its full reach ...

Thanks for any pointers.

in banana veritas
Old 23rd July 2015, 00:59   #4
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Answering my own question - it would seem that if you have the "older"(?) seats (with the yellow relay on the base) you need to supply a switched 12V supply to BOTH the orange/white and orange/green wires and then GND the Black wire. This goes for both the passenger and drivers' seats (non-memory seats) - did this and it work a treat!

Now I just need to find out, in the attached picture (not mine, taken from here) - which fuse corresponds to the switched live feed on the left most of the AUX connections? I have two inline 30Amp fuses for the seats but I guess there is a fuse in the fuse box somewhere as it went when I loaded the motors with the seat at its full reach ...

Thanks for any pointers.

Shame you missed this this Chris , from 2012 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
The passenger seat has 4 wires as you state but they are
permanent earth (Black)
switched earth from heated seat switch (Yellow)
12v to heated seats (orange/white)
12v to motors (orange/green)

Your drivers seat has 4 wires as you state these are the same as the passenger seat
You can temp take the supply from the centre console cig lighter.
-------------------
Chris, if you have used the Aux terminal/s to supply the seats as in the pic you posted, the left AUX terminal is fuse twelve (7th left from bottom right yellow airbag fuse)

You need to replace the blown 10A with a 15A if nothing else is plugged into it., otherwise the 10A will keep blowing.you need to change your inline fuses to 15A also 30A is ok but is the reason why the 10A in fuse 12 blew), although inline fuses are not needed if you have connected to the fused AUX supply. UNLESS you have put the inline fuses where they are easily accessible, then put a 30A in fuse 12, then the 15A inline fuses will blow before the 30A in fuse 12. Am I right in guessing your inline fuses are 3" from the fusebox

When you connect up the heated seats. If you are using the same AUX supply as the motors for the heated seats, you will need to uprate fuse 12 to 20A
and your inline fuses to 20A (20A will still blow ok in the event of a motor short or overload)

Seats without the yellow relay are ok to power from permanent 12v, the yellow relay on older seats draw a constant current, and should be connected to AUX

I have no idea why Commanche used a relay for a aux socket from a fused AUX supply, a fused one at that. It is doing nothing at all, what is it switching

Last edited by Devilish; 23rd July 2015 at 01:54..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 08:16   #5
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Default Wiring in electric seats (non memory)

Hi I did see it but all the info points to one of the cables you need to power as heated seat - which I wanted to keep well away of.

Re fuses thanks for pointing out the fuse I need yes I have inline fuses simply as I had a fragment of a loom with them on. Will put the fuses as you suggest though.

This setup is temporary just so I can move the seats to get the cloth ones out to give away this weekend! After that will wire the seat motors and heaters more properly trying to go the oem route ...

Thanks for all the info!!

in banana veritas