Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th July 2015, 18:14   #211
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Incidentally - I always meant to ask, the Android logo to the top left of your image does that actually appear on your screen? I've seen it mentioned in the "instructions" but it doesn't appear on mine ... supposed to be a 'home' button of sorts??

Just curious!
It can be switched on by going into factory settings but I wouldn't bother as it gets in the way of other screen buttons and you have hard back and home buttons anyhow
Old 25th July 2015, 18:19   #212
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
It can be switched on by going into factory settings but I wouldn't bother as it gets in the way of other screen buttons and you have hard back and home buttons anyhow
How is it turned off, dad hates it but I couldn't figure out how to turn it off.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 18:21   #213
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircub View Post
Installed my NAVALL 3 overall I am impressed the sound is much better and I am sure the functionality when I get the bugs ironed out will be good, however i have the following problems and would like some help from you guys if possible.

1) The front DVR camera powers up but does not show on the screen all i get in this:-

2) When i changed the LOGO to MG it booted up with the following message:-

3) The rear parking camera does not work, is there a setting somewhere to change the screen to show the camera feed, i would have thought it was automatic when you put it into reverse.

4) Iannot get the unit to fit, i need to move the cables at the back. There is a white box which is attached to the wiring loom that drive the old radio, what is it? can i remove it?

I have attached a subwoofer, is there anywhere i can set the crossover frequency?
1/ The driving safety warning can be disabled in settings under driving safety if memory serves me correct.

2/ Never seen that before so not sure, try other logos and see what happens.

3/ it is indeed automatic, is the screen not changing at all when reverse selected?
If it isn't it sounds like the 12volt connection from the brown/green car reverse wire is not connected to the 'back' wire of the head unit, you'll need to recheck your connections.

4/ The white box and bracket sounds like the Highline SWC interface and can be unplugged and removed.

5/ No active crossover controls on the head unit I'm afraid, just subwoofer gain control in the Eq settings.
Frequencies will have to be adjusted at the amp end
Old 25th July 2015, 18:24   #214
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
How is it turned off, dad hates it but I couldn't figure out how to turn it off.
Factory settings, password 126 and it's in there somewhere but I can't remember what the sub menu is called without checking and I'm not by the car.

The actual app thing is called android assistant or something like that
Old 25th July 2015, 19:19   #215
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Quote:
Thanks Jeff - I do think it look annoying I just wondered as I saw it in all your images!

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 19:36   #216
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Thanks Jeff - I do think it look annoying I just wondered as I saw it in all your images!
Photos from units on my bench would have it on as the usual default is for it on.
Any photos from my car unit on the other hand.....very much off

Ps, Are your maps all sorted Christopher ?
Old 25th July 2015, 19:41   #217
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

It happens with other logos

3/ it is indeed automatic, is the screen not changing at all when reverse selected?
If it isn't it sounds like the 12volt connection from the brown/green car reverse wire is not connected to the 'back' wire of the head unit, you'll need to recheck your connections.

I don't have a brown/green wire. In previous postings i was told to attach my red wire to the 'back' wire, and the other to the RCA for rear camera. I have treated the red wire and there is NO voltage, should there be.? or do I have the wrong wire (see photo)

4/ The white box and bracket sounds like the Highline SWC interface and can be unplugged and removed.

Removed thanks
5/ No active crossover controls on the head unit I'm afraid, just subwoofer gain control in the Eq settings.
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 19:44   #218
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Quote:

Ps, Are your maps all sorted Christopher ?
Yes thanks - all seem to be there and find the route to my mum's house in Malta in no time - so seems good to go

Thanks.

I also loaded all my music files from iTunes onto a micro sd-card and installed PowerAmp and all my thousand odd music files are accessible Couldn't get it to learn forward and back on steering wheel controls (in power amp - works in the radio app as seek ... I guess the buttons cant be multi-use? different for different apps?

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 20:00   #219
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircub View Post

It happens with other logos

I don't have a brown/green wire. In previous postings i was told to attach my red wire to the 'back' wire, and the other to the RCA for rear camera. I have treated the red wire and there is NO voltage, should there be.? or do I have the wrong wire (see photo)

Removed thanks
You do have a brown/green wire, it is the car wire that feeds the reverse lights in your car.
The back wire on the head unit needs to connect to it either directly or by the red draw cable on the RCA phono lead being connected to it back at the rear light end .
Old 25th July 2015, 20:01   #220
coolcat
This is my second home

I'm now retiring to the comfort of the chill out zone, catch you all later