Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th December 2015, 19:11   #1
carlos
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Default eurocarparts booboo

I had a email yesterday from euro car parts for buy get one free on oil, so I ordered some along with some service parts on there click and collect service, went to collect today only to be told that they could not put it through at the price that I had on my click and collect invoice, have emailed customer service but no reply very poor service in my opinion (merry Christmas euro car parts) .
carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 19:42   #2
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

If I ever need cheap 'consumables' I use their other company via e-bay, Carparts4less. Never used a discount code so dunno if they even work!
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 19:44   #3
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

One local branch once tried to tell me that ZTCLUB25 did not exist, they were very surprised when I showed them and they promptly invoiced the correct amount!!
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 20:48   #4
g20stu
Loves to post

rover 75 connoisseur se cdti.Mgb roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
I had a email yesterday from euro car parts for buy get one free on oil, so I ordered some along with some service parts on there click and collect service, went to collect today only to be told that they could not put it through at the price that I had on my click and collect invoice, have emailed customer service but no reply very poor service in my opinion (merry Christmas euro car parts) .
I also had email offering Bogof collected oil yesterday no problems at Stockton branch

Stuart
g20stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 20:53   #5
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

Ordered on 27th,got today with free delivery.£17.99 for two gallons of semi-synthetic,excellent company/service.
Ken
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 21:30   #6
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:

Whenever i have gone for click and collect, the order is already registered in their system, and usually have had my order already put together with the invoice printed out ready to go. They just take the money stated on the invoice with no discussion about prices at all. Are you sure your click and collect had been completed on-line, or did it hang up at the last stages without going through?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 12:09   #7
carlos
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Have print out of my click and collect order with price but won't supply at price on order
carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 12:34   #8
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Have print out of my click and collect order with price but won't supply at price on order
Order again and get it delivered instead.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 14:47   #9
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Quote:
I believe Click and Collect without payment is a reservation system and not an order. The reservation state to the "order" state change occurs at the time that payment is made in return for the promised supply of the goods.

If the 2 for 1 offer was no longer available at the time that paymment was attempted then technically what has happened is correct.

It's not the end of the world - treat it as a lesson learned and move on.

PS - sections 3.2 and 7.2.1 of the ECP T&C's are very clear as to when the contract comes into being and the price to be paid for "click & colect"

Last edited by MSS; 30th December 2015 at 15:35..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 16:08   #10
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I believe Click and Collect without payment is a reservation system and not an order. The reservation state to the "order" state change occurs at the time that payment is made in return for the promised supply of the goods.

If the 2 for 1 offer was no longer available at the time that paymment was attempted then technically what has happened is correct.

It's not the end of the world - treat it as a lesson learned and move on.

PS - sections 3.2 and 7.2.1 of the ECP T&C's are very clear as to when the contract comes into being and the price to be paid for "click & colect"

But surely, if the OP had printed out the copy of the reservation, this means that ECP 'accepted' his reservation.
Provided the OP went to collect & pay in the allotted timescale, ECP should honour it, otherwise, just what is the point of the click & collect system when special offers are on ?
If the order couldn't be fulfilled by ECP at the offer price, they shouldn't have accepted the reservation.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote