Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd January 2016, 08:46   #11
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
Just my opinion, i think there is nothing you can do about it. Its on his property and as long as he is not making a noise after a certain time in the evening he can do what he likes. Most normal people wouldnt because you respect each others privacy and life style but im afraid you allways get one! just try talking to them and calm things down before it gets out of hand.
As said, when we first moved in we introduced ourselves only to have their terms and conditions laid out to us which is not right in my opinion. Never reacted to that at that point. These people are in their 30's, know it all and want everything their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I think the above is good advice, these neighbourhood disputes can get out of hand so quickly. Come to some sort of understanding as quickly as you can. The longer it goes on the worse it'll be for all concerned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Have you tried to talk to him? With his previous experiences he should be sympathetic. Falling out with neighbours is a definite No no.
Quite agree with what you are both saying, but unfortunately, an understanding will not be reached now, it has all gone too far. As stated, I'm sure that is why the previous owners sold up and went based upon a quote from the woman next door. When we asked about them, as you do when moving and viewing a house, the answer was short and sweet. Be honest, you will never say the neighbours are bad when you want to sell now will you!!. I have spoken to the previous owners since and they have said that they complained a fair bit when friends were round, bbq's etc. As stated, you can do, within reason, what you want on your property to a certain degree, but nothing at all seems to be liked by these next door. They appear to be loners as nobody ever visits them. Perhaps this is why they are the way they are? The only way out is to sell up and move on which is a shame as we have put a lot of time, effort and money into this house over the past year since we have been here. As said in my op, I have never ever fallen out with neighbours in my life and never thought I would. Not a nice situation to be in, it is on your mind morning, noon and night. Ok, some will probably say to hell with them etc., but that does not solve the problem we have. Not nice walking out your front door when they are there to be ignored. Fortunately, we do not share a drive with them!!

Oh well................!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your input. Have had an agent round to value the property, so the hunt is on to move now.

Regards,

Dave.
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 09:37   #12
aguy
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

Trampolines are everywhere these days. If one neighbour gets one it seems all the others want bigger and better.

Why do people want these ugly dangerous things in their gardens?? and while I'm at it why do so many 40 odd yr olds insist on acting like children?

My advice to anyone moving house is to knock on as many doors in the neighbourhood as you can and find out as much as possible about the neighbours before you decide to buy.
Old 23rd January 2016, 10:47   #13
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

Might be best if it doesn't go official,as you are supposed to put any neighbour disputes down on the legal paperwork when selling your house,,,you wouldn't want to put your new buyers off ,would you?
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:45   #14
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

When you were viewing the house with the intention to buy did the sellers declare that the next neighbours were a problem if so you have recourse, for not telling you.

Rev Jules.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:58   #15
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

When you were viewing the house with the intention to buy did the sellers declare that the next neighbours were a problem if so you have recourse, for not telling you.

Rev Jules.

As the Rev says,it's a legal requirement to inform buyers of problems.Good read HERE.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 12:06   #16
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Get a small diary and write down every date and time it takes place. Duration too as that counts for a lot.
Record on your phone or other device a few occurances so that video evidence backs up your diary.
Gathering of evidence is your best way of getting a quick result.
You might get lucky and record a really noisy session and you can invite him round to view it and ask his opinion especially after that first conversation you had upon moving in.
No one should have to suffer that kind of persistent stress.