Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th February 2016, 15:53   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

We installed new systems at work, from the shop floor right throught to admin snd sales in an attempt to go paperless, guess what!

Twice as much bloomin paperwork nowadays.
Old 9th February 2016, 17:20   #12
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
All well and good for those who are "computer savvy", but not much help to those who even now do not get enough help.
I echo your sentiments many users of the NHS are not computer literate or have ready access to one with printer. Personally I have built my own medical history from the letters examination results and other related matters. It has come in very handy when going to a new hospital which is in a different group.
I do order my meds online and apps to see gp and its very useful.
The NHS has been aiming for a seamless system from the borders to lands end for many years but most IT companies have taken the money and produced very little, local systems will prevail for some time to come I fear

Last edited by Woof25; 9th February 2016 at 17:28..
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 17:44   #13
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

All of us are on the change over, its history in the making. There maybe many older folk not computer literate. But! the new generation are, its a case of phasing out the old, and bringing in the new.

Many family units are teaching the older generation todays modern technology, many older ones want to learn.

I remember our GP practice making changes some years ago regarding access to patients records, you had choices which was geared to benefit the system and makes things easier (streamlining).

Many GP practices use the 'Patient Access' system which lets you use the online services of your local practice. You can arranging appointments, repeat medication, secure messages, view your medical record and updating your details.

Once your GP practice has the new system in place, all you need to do is register.

Last edited by Dallas; 9th February 2016 at 18:20..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 20:27   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

There is no privacy on the internet.

Even the US government departments are sending paper items to one another now as the internet is ---************************

unreliable to say the least..---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 23:59   #15
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

I had a letter to attend a Physiotherapy unit on the 1st Feb, I attended at the required time. I was told that they had no appointment for me I was told that my appointment was for the 4th When I got home I found a letter telling me that they had changed my appointment date (2nd class post) to the 4th !! They have my email address and mobile phone number... so why did they not inform me by non-mail (post) media ? Would have saved them them the postage cost if using e-mail, and it would have saved me an unescessary journey to the hospital A secure platform is all that we need to opt in to the system......

I wonder how much the NHS would save by adopting 21st century communications to those that opt in to the modern era of electronic communications ? .......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 10th February 2016 at 00:04..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 07:34   #16
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

There are many many people who do not have a computer nor the device to link to one, some cannot afford them, really. I don't see that going paperless will work for a large proportion of the population.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 07:44   #17
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Part of the Civil Service I worked for used to have a paper record of every visit and copy of correspondence for each client, it was a national coverage.

They went to electronic filing - great. Now each visiting representative, prints off the entire record, then when the "business" is finished, they shred the lot, each time.
That is repeated across the board - not just in the Public sector. My old office went paperless and it worked well - apart from the internal auditors demanding documents be printed for them as they said it gave them headaches looking at a computer screen each day.

Myself and another chap got into trouble for basically saying "knock yourself out....!" - the printer is there. We refused to print off the docs because we said we wanted to save the planet!!!!

That stumped them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
I had a letter to attend a Physiotherapy unit on the 1st Feb, I attended at the required time. I was told that they had no appointment for me I was told that my appointment was for the 4th When I got home I found a letter telling me that they had changed my appointment date (2nd class post) to the 4th !! They have my email address and mobile phone number... so why did they not inform me by non-mail (post) media ? Would have saved them them the postage cost if using e-mail, and it would have saved me an unescessary journey to the hospital A secure platform is all that we need to opt in to the system......

I wonder how much the NHS would save by adopting 21st century communications to those that opt in to the modern era of electronic communications ? .......
Of late i and SWMBO have had a few GP and hospital appts. - We gave our mobile number to our GP surgery and we get a txt the day before our appt reminding us with a number to call if we cannot make it.

My wife had the lurgy that is going around and rang up to postpone a scan she was having and within minutes of her calling to rearrange the appt - we had a txt confirming the new date and time.

For me - our NHS here is embracing modern technology - and it works very well indeed.

Last edited by Dragrad; 10th February 2016 at 23:07.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 08:05   #18
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Of late i and SWMBO have had a few GP and hospital appts. - We gave our mobile number to our GP surgery and we get a txt the day before our appt reminding us with a number to call if we cannot make it.

My wife had the lurgy that is going around and rang up to postpone a scan she was having and within minutes of her calling to rearrange the appt - we had a txt confirming the new date and time.

For me - our NHS here is embracing modern technology - and it works very well indeed.
A clear example of how it can work.

Luckily for me I don't have to venture into the Doctors surgery/waiting room too often, but I dread it, there are so many ill people in there. I did go for one of those free N.H.S. health checks and felt a complete fraud as I knew there was nothing wrong with me.

Last edited by planenut; 10th February 2016 at 08:07..
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 08:39   #19
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I think, as above, the idea is all the records go paperless but these aren't the things that we as patients see. So it shouldn't really effect us.
Separate to that is sending things online like repeat prescriptions, reminders for appointments etc, as long as there are options for those that can't or don't want the electronic stuff then surely it's a good idea.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote