Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th April 2016, 08:34   #11
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
Certainly seemed to be going well enough when I struggled past you on the 5 mate, looked lovely with no sign of any smoke.
I'm still trying to talk myself out of going to view that early tourer in Poole, getting tougher to ignore it as the price is down to £425
Cheers Ian
Ha ha !! I didn't see you Ian (although I would of been looking for MGs & Rovers ). Did you wave ? Hope you didn't think I was ignoring you if you did

Just get on & buy it, we both know you want to plus you now have a nice set of straights to go on it !!!

Last edited by Sonic ZS; 20th April 2016 at 08:36..
Sonic ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 10:03   #12
CLINTE
Loves to post

Rover & MG less

Default Re: Fuel consumption

Hi Sonic ZS,

I have no personal experience but the figure you quote would appear to be reasonable in my view . The point I want to make is whether you use branded fuel or the supermarket variety. The branded fuel makes a difference and given the better all round performance would work out cheaper in the long run against the supermarket variety. So you do not say which you are using.I use and would recommend the branded fuel , but everyone is free to please themselves on this one of course.

Clinte
CLINTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 10:20   #13
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

I don't find the fuel economy is any better or worse with more expensive diesel or supermarket stuff BUT Shell Nitro Diesel and the like certainly do make the engine run far more smoothly and sound a lot more refined. A lot more expensive admittedly for little gain in reality, it is nice as a treat every now and again though!
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 19:14   #14
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Ha ha !! I didn't see you Ian (although I would of been looking for MGs & Rovers ). Did you wave ? Hope you didn't think I was ignoring you if you did

Just get on & buy it, we both know you want to plus you now have a nice set of straights to go on it !!!
Not only waved but flashed lights and blew the horn as well..
TBH I was tramping on a bit mate
I'm not going for the tourer although I may take a ride over and view it, get the vin number and take a few pics so it can be added to the early tourer list..

NOTE Just checked and it seems to have been sold
Cheers Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 20th April 2016 at 19:21..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 19:33   #15
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

Clinte - firstly, good to meet you on Sunday. There's a wealth of information within this club so I'm sure you'll find it worthwhile. Regarding fuel, I use my local Sainsbury (which I believe is linked to BP, although not sure if fuel is identical). In all honesty, the Tourer might only do 1000 miles this year, so not too worried about getting the very best economy, at this rate I'll only need to fill it up twice !!!

Mystabe - I'm not sure if we still have a Shell station in Plymouth any more, but I might give that a go if I find one thanks.

Redfive - sorry about that Ian, where about was it ? Were we going up or coming back ? I can only assume I had drifted off into another world due to the serene peacefulness of a 75 oil burner...
Old 20th April 2016, 19:35   #16
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

In my auto saloon,I can get mid 30's in the winter with local short journeys.
Just been to France,,serviced and tyres checked before setting off,,did around 1600 miles at between 110 and 130 kmh and I was very pleased with an average of 47mpg,I've never got that before.
My manual ,sometimes returned 50 mpg ,on long runs,but I had to go for an auto for health reasons,and I'm very happy with it.
I will say that Big Russ did ''breath'' on it with his T4 and it was noticeably more responsive,and dare I say -economical.
I've mentioned this before--I have a habit of using ''snow'' mode,which puts it in a higher gear- sooner,I'm certain this helps with the economy also.But still no match for the manual boxes.
Ken.
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 19:50   #17
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozo ken View Post
But still no match for the manual boxes.
I would NEVER have bought an auto if it wasn't for the green Tourer, which meant I didn't get a choice. But I've now got another one (2.5 petrol saloon) as they are just soooo good and suit the nature of a 75 perfectly.

The reduction in economy is small price to pay for such a relaxed driving experience
Old 20th April 2016, 20:42   #18
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

I agree totally
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote