Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

View Poll Results: Who is going to watch the new series of Top Gear?
Yes 24 31.17%
No 27 35.06%
Maybe / Do not know 26 33.77%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th May 2016, 20:04   #31
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post

Unlike you however, it's not Chris Evans I can't stand, but the bumbling fool that is Eddie Jordan. He might've been OK (subjective) as a F1 team principle, but he's absolutely bleeding dire as a TV presenter.
I'm with you on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
To be honest, the BBC trailer for the new top gear looked lame.
It could have been a trailer for the old series from what I saw. Doesn't look like much has changed

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 20:09   #32
tomgraham
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE

Not me - BBC doesn't get this far. Saves me having to put up with the presenters gesticulating in the standard BBC mode, instead of saying something worthwhile.
BKS-RO-75 originally registered as BP03XRV
tomgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 02:39   #33
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininuts View Post

It could have been a trailer for the old series from what I saw. Doesn't look like much has changed
I am hoping the format is not a rehash of the old - I enjoyed it initially in the early days but to me it became tiresome.

Which I am sure is the reason why the original three were "happy" to go to pastures new.

It will be a mistake if the new series is not allowed to evolve away from the current format - but they have a difficult act to follow - If they simply rehash then that will be "wrong" and if they change too much too soon then that will be wrong as well.

I can remember when Noel Edmonds used to guest present on the old Top Gear. And I found I could just about stomach that - but I really cannot stand Chris Evans on the Radio - but will grit my teeth and record the first few of the new series so i can watch and judge.

Anything is worth watching for an insomniac........... but Chris Evans........
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 08:21   #34
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Mr Evans isn't my favourite either, but I admire him for taking on the challenge and his co hosts are interesting at least, so let's give them a chance guys.
As to the Grand Tour if memory serves its purpose was to try and educate over indulged people of little brain and allow them to ignore other countries values and customs and steal anything not nailed down! . Aah well then it's perfect for the overpaid self worshipping grotesque represent s him perfectly, he is looking more like a gargoyle than ever in recent pictures, his comments on Argentina in press are beyond the pale and lends credence to the belief he picked the cars to give offence.
As to the implication of we won I'm not aware he ever served in HM forces, like many of members have. OK rant over and yo will gather I won't be purchasing Amazon Prime.
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote