Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th September 2016, 10:40   #1
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

Default Bit of a nightmare in the early hours

Having just returned from a fantastic holiday to Crete, where several 75's and ZT's roam the streets. We returned to the car parking in Glasgow very late, around 2am.

A quick once over the car showed two tyres were flat, one was expected as it has a slow leak. The other however was a surprise, out came the teeny cheap 12V air pump whilst the engine warmed up.

After 10 minutes I gave up, knocked the pump off and could hear a loud gushing. Great. Luckily I have a brand new spare in the boot. After another 10 minutes the spare was on and the trip under way, through some awful welcoming rain. Finally arriving home at 5am having dropped my parents off.

Off to the local tyre fitters this morning for another Falken and hopefully find the slow leak on the other tyre. Time to get some winter wheels and tyres sorted out I think.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Old 16th September 2016, 10:54   #2
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

Unlucky,or is it a bit of a coincidence,
The only time I've suffered punctures,is on the way home from the airport parking!!(with brand new tyres)
Makes you wonder if some nearby garage take advantage of this.???
Last time though,I couldn't blame any opportunist garage for this,-The car went into 'limp home mode' as I was entering the motorway with a coach op my backside,flashing his lights and sounding his horn,,he thought I was just being very cautious I suppose,but it was very uncomfortable,I went full speed along the hard shoulder-45mph'and turned off at the next service station.I took the engine cover off,and found that one of the diesel pipes had been chewed through as well as two wires+a store of what looked like ''dog food''.
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 11:46   #3
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

Well, the verdict is two almost new Falkens needed replaced one with a hole and the other with a nail just off the sidewall. £80 each after some haggling.

It happens I suppose. Now going to put my full size spare in the boot.

The 190 came with a 15" steel. Anyone know if this fits over the front brakes? I can imagine that being a nightmare if you have to jack one side right and then swap wheels around.

Old 16th September 2016, 12:12   #4
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avora View Post

The 190 came with a 15" steel. Anyone know if this fits over the front brakes? I can imagine that being a nightmare if you have to jack one side right and then swap wheels around.

From all accounts no, it won't fit the front, it's a double wheel change with one of those: spare onto the rear then rear onto the front. (I might be wrong)

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 12:16   #5
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
From all accounts no, it won't fit the front, it's a double wheel change with one of those: spare onto the rear then rear onto the front. (I might be wrong)
That is all I could assume too. Full size spare is going in, all be it for the time being a Hairpin rather than 11 spoke, but same size etc at least.

Old 16th September 2016, 16:39   #6
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:

That's exactly what I have to do with my SAAB 93Aero, the space saver will only fit on the back as won't clear the large front brakes.

So, if your really unlucky it's a double wheel change .....
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 17:50   #7
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

I have an 18" space saver with a nearly new continental tyre on that is free if anyone wants to collect it before I take it to the tip. It needs a bit of tidying up though as I have been using it to hold my garden gate open or shut.

It came out of my loadspace but I replaced it with a full size Gridspoke.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 18:24   #8
Dubya
Loves to post

2005 MG ZT-T+ V6 190

Quote:
I can categorically confirm that a 15" spacer saver WILL NOT fit over 190 calipers. You need to fit a wheel off the rear when you have a front puncture and fit the space saver to the rear. I found this out in heavy rain.....
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote