Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th October 2016, 08:21   #11
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
yep,

correct temp (circa 84-90)
Good air filter, PCV filter, Maf in spec, no tuning box to cause overfuel, good oil, good tyre pressures etc.
Also check intercooler O rings and that the egr/inlet manifold isn't all gunked up.

Type of driving affects our mpg significantly. Local journeys seem to give maybe 38/40 mpg over the course of a week but on a good run (65-70 mph on motorway) I can get a little over 60 mpg. I have done several brim to brim tests (filling from the same pump) and my ipk is remarkably accurate. 2002 cdt saloon 115bhp manual stainless steel egr bypass all new filters etc & manifold cleaned etc. The biggest improvement came when I replaced the intercooler o rings.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Old 13th October 2016, 08:24   #12
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

Even the swmbo, master of the italian tune up got an indicated 54mpg on a long journey recently (essex to stoke & back) including getting stuck in a couple of biggish tailbacks.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Old 13th October 2016, 09:33   #13
smallheathlad
Loves to post

No more aRover 75 Saloon

Hi I have a remapped 160 auto which is serviced every 12k or every 3 months or so (I drive best part of 1000miles per week.) Using the brim to brim method on my twice weekly drive from Widnes to London. I obtain between 45 to 49.5 MPG. Thats a 204 mile drive on M56, M6, M1, M25 & A10. Which includes best part of 30 miles in 50 mph average zones along with stop start traffic from junction 11 of the M1. When traffic allows I drive at 70mph.

The remap does make a considerable possitive difference, I think your auto figures are a little on the low side as my 1.8 estate does 36mpg on the same journey.
smallheathlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 12:18   #14
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesron View Post
auto 89/92 but the gauge is on max with red light on
Do you mean that the actual dash temperature gauge red light is on and the needle pointing straight up? If so, but the diagnostic only showing 89/92 then there's something wrong there. Probably just an IPK fault but worth getting it checked.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 14:07   #15
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesron View Post
Hi all have two cdti s manual saloon 135bhp returns 45+ mpg mainly motorway,
and auto tourer 115bhp 36mpg on the same run, was thinking of having the ecu programed to 160 on the auto anyone know how much improvement to fuel consumption, or are their better options
Cheers
I have a late facelift diesel tourer Auto , and have had both an EGR bypass and a 160 remap, to be honest I have not noticed a lot of difference, I do mainly Motorway mileage and struggle to get more than 40 mpg that is with correct tyre pressures, a light Right foot and rarely going past 2k RPM.

I bought my Tourer auto as I have a bit of Arthritis is my left knee and thought I would give it a bit of a rest! I suppose I could have got a manual but personally speaking I think an Auto box suits the image of the 75 better, but for my liking A ZT (saloon or Tourer) it has to he manual

Oh and by the way I have an inline thermostat mod and new Viton 'O' rings.

One of the best of the last from the last of the best!
Produced on Valentine's day 2005 - 8 weeks before the end.

Last edited by Busboy; 13th October 2016 at 14:33.. Reason: additional paragraph.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 15:58   #16
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Having the 160 remap won't harm your fuel consumption, and at least you will have some grunt to pull you out of trouble should you need it!
Old 13th October 2016, 19:05   #17
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

Cruising to France and back got me my best figure of 47mpg,,,mid to high 30's on local runs,,,I've mentioned on here before that I find putting it in ''SNOW'' mode helps with sooner gear changes and ends up in 5th sooner than in standard ''DRIVE'' .Brim to brim is the way I work it out,as I don't have the message screen on this one.
Ken.
ps. T4 upgrade highly recommended.
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 19:13   #18
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Well so far the 02 CDT saloon that we acquired the other month seems to be returning between 41-46 mpg. It will have dropped this tank full as she has been on towing duty pulling a twin axle box trailer. I will need to top her up soon but it looks like it has dropped to maybe as low as 36mpg. Will know better tomorrow when we fill her up.
Old 13th October 2016, 20:47   #19
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

Yes I do occasionally floor her to when I need to and take the RPM. up to 2800, but try to avoid this as I don't like drowning following traffic with a trail of Grey smoke ( and that's with a good MAF) I feel it looks bad for the Marque, as of course the Facelift tourer has nice big chrome letters on the back which says R O V E R !

One of the best of the last from the last of the best!
Produced on Valentine's day 2005 - 8 weeks before the end.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 20:50   #20
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Yes I do occasionally floor her to when I need to and take the RPM. up to 2800, but try to avoid this as I don't like drowning following traffic with a trail of Grey smoke ( and that's with a good MAF) I feel it looks bad for the Marque, as of course the Facelift tourer has nice big chrome letters on the back which says R O V E R !
Grey smoke with a good MAF..... is your PCV filter clean / new?