Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th September 2017, 21:17   #31
Brianw119
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Ok, thank you grandma :-)
How much did it cost? I looked on their site and there are no prices

Sent from my DLI-L22 using Tapatalk
Brianw119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 21:50   #32
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

I'm a bit confused here - did you order it from Fiacom 8 days ago? I'm glad for you that you've got one, but if that's where you obtained it then I'm also rather annoyed (nothing to do with you at all!) as I've had to SORN one of my cars precisely because it has already failed its MOT due to rear subframe corrosion - when I tried to order one for myself a month ago, Leo at Fiacom told me at the time that they'd sold their entire stock of these ...

If anyone can point me to where I can get a new subframe, bushed and ready to fit as in the opening post of this thread and for a similar price, I'd be very grateful.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 22:10   #33
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianw119 View Post
Ok, thank you grandma :-)
How much did it cost? I looked on their site and there are no prices

Sent from my DLI-L22 using Tapatalk
It wasnt $200 including shipping. It came to something like $400 inc shipping, and strut tops front and rear (to hold as spares). But that was to N.Ireland, which with couriers is always an added kick. I am still over the moon at that though. Others may not be, especially with the exchange rate and potential of import duty and vat. It has been a concern for me over past couple of years.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 22:53   #34
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

pictures

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21728485_10156590047698294_845352848815906756_n.jpg (104.7 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (141.4 KB, 320 views)

Old 20th September 2017, 22:22   #35
e30325itourer
Loves to post

mgztt190/bmw e30 325i tourer

You have no excuses now Alan,get her protected and bolted up( if only it was that easy). Glad to give you a hand when your doing it. I dropped one of mine out last week and glad to say it's still solid, so a lick of paint and some dynax she will be good for another 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This vehicle was the 100th ZT-T in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 1,134 Starlight Silver ZT-Ts
e30325itourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 23:22   #36
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30325itourer View Post
You have no excuses now Alan,get her protected and bolted up( if only it was that easy). Glad to give you a hand when your doing it. I dropped one of mine out last week and glad to say it's still solid, so a lick of paint and some dynax she will be good for another 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should mention that Thomas! lol These arrived today.

along with approval for a week's leave next week. The 'lightened' rear arm has brought my plans forward quite urgently. I dont want to put one of my new arms on just for the MOT and do the rest next summer.

Noticed the tank strap quite scabby too, so whilst ordering the bolts (if I am going to do it, I may as well do it right) thought I go for the strap whilst I was there. This time last year, it and the arm were clean looking and solid, quite scary how quickly they deteriorated.

Wanted to go with Rust Buster's epoxy(cos they do it in silver) but just couldnt bring myself to pay £30 for delivery Ended up going with Dinitrol instead. With luck, the weather will be good, and I plan to do at least the rear half whilst the subframe is out. So over next few days, paint is going on, and will be filled with cavity wax.

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it if I get stuck, or get in touch for some direction

Old 21st September 2017, 07:47   #37
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

HI Alan.
Do you have any plans to do anything with the stupid welded pockets on the rear sun frame before fitting it? ie bend the ends over so the nut cannot spin in the future, add a spot weld to stop it from spinning in the future, while you have a chance now Arctic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC19474.jpg (138.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19491.jpg (124.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg SDC19492.jpg (130.7 KB, 93 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 09:51   #38
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Alan.
Do you have any plans to do anything with the stupid welded pockets on the rear sun frame before fitting it? ie bend the ends over so the nut cannot spin in the future, add a spot weld to stop it from spinning in the future, while you have a chance now Arctic.
I never thought of that. Had hoped the wax and underseal I plan to put on in and around the sub frame and arms would be shielded well enough to survive at the nuts to not be an issue. Something to look into .......

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Old 21st September 2017, 13:29   #39
good_mojo
Loves to post

Facelift Rover 75 Classic CDT auto and Connoisseur SE 1.8T

Default Aaaarrggh!

I'm glad these are back in stock. I never got an answer to whether they would be restocked.

I've just spent hours refurbishing my old subframe and fitting new arms. Using a new subframe would have been so much easier and would have reduced the time the car was off the road.

It was an absolute pig of a job, with seized bolts, un-captive nuts, trailing arm bushes that were a nightmare to fit and to cap it all I did all the work outside on my drive during the rainiest ever period.

Everything is painted, cavity waxed and covered in schutz so should be good for a few years now.

I only just got the job finished in time for the MOT I had booked and I'm pleased to say it passed.
good_mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 14:02   #40
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
For a little while now - well, about 12 months on and off - I've been trying to hunt down the firm that produced the rear subframe bushes for the 75 and ZT.

That chase, despite a fair few dead-ends, is still ongoing and I'm hopeful I will have some good news fairly soon.

However, in the meantime I was informed by FIACOM that you can get brand new Rover 75 rear subframes, bushed and ready to fit, for US$200.00 including shipping.

Part number is KHB000130 by the way if anyone wants to know.

If you are interested, please email Leo at FIACOM ([email protected]), tell him you are a member here and would like to know more details.

BTW, if you do go and get one I'd very much recommend shoving at least 1 big tin of this stuff inside the box sections and then over every square inch of the unit, especially on the upper side:

Are these the bushes?-
https://unipartautostore.com/catalog...lt/?q=subframe

Ken.
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote