Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2018, 21:13   #7651
jordimussol
Avid contributor

2005 MG ZT & 1996 MGF

Fitted new front boots, some Kormoran ones. Michelin's second brand.

https://passenger-car.kormoran-tyres...ma-and-runpro/

Paid 97eu each. Fitted and balanced at my local Michelin garage.

The ones I've replaced were dodgy Goodride. I believe they are Chinese. They did have M+S on them but didn't trust them that well. Not sure they really are.

Last edited by jordimussol; 8th January 2018 at 21:19..
jordimussol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 12:14   #7652
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Took it to have the Apex 18" wheels refurbished- discovered two were buckled so even more money so will have to win the lottery now. Chris S,
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 11:01   #7653
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Decided to put the tourer into service as I have a couple of new cd’s I wanted to listen to and the highline in the 75 is better than the 500 I’ve been using. Noticed the IPK display now resembles that of the clock in my R8 coupe....

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 15:09   #7654
Proud owner
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Applied soundproofing to my entire boot space, yet to drive it to see whether its made any appreciable difference. Also fitted new aero wiper blades.
Proud owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 12:39   #7655
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Just fitted a Mini compensator to Mr's Noc's Auto.

Fitting was easy enough, but getting the old one out was a pig of a job. Someone had tightened the adjusting nut all the way down so that it ended up widening the channel and everything was rotating when trying to loosen it. Not only that but the threaded end was bent so it wouldn't come out of the channel.

The cowboys who worked on this Auto in the past couldn't even put the rear seat back in properly.

Quick update: Just before refitting the rear seat squab, I found one of the seat belts twisted. Reason for this was the bracket had moved round half a turn. It could do this because the anchor bolt was loose.

Yee Haa!

Drove Mrs Noc's car last night for the first time in a while, and the steering wheel felt strangely loose, so had a look today and lo and behold the centre bolt had come undone.

Delved a little deeper and found that someone has moved the steering wheel round to straighten it up - turns out the alignment marks were two splines out.

Whether this was the same bunch of Cattle Rustlers who did the other work or not God only knows.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 14:07   #7656
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Default All quiet now

Fitted a new flexi pipe today,or finished fitting it today,cut the old one off with the angle grinder,then decided it would be quicker to remove the whole lot,angle grinder again to remove the welds and the put it all back with new rubbers.....3 days work(4 hrs a day,too cold).
Old 11th January 2018, 19:04   #7657
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
Faffed about in the dark replacing the driver's side dipped bulb.

Headlight is now making a clicking/groaning noise at the extremeties of the self test so I must have knocked something, but what I have no idea...
I did this myself last week,whilst changing the bulb,must have pressed too hard on the spring to secure the bulb.
Found out on here, that I must have pushed too hard and separated the 'ball and socket' joint ,withing the headlamp.
There are some suggestions that you can take apart the glass from the lamp to gain access to fix this,but before taking it off and putting the unit in the'' oven'',I thought I would remove the high beam dust cap and get both hands on the unit and try pulling it back,,and sure enough the ball and socket clipped back in!
Removing the engine compartment fusebox(after disconnecting the battery)(make sure you have your radio code),makes access a little easier,especially on my 'Auto' as many wires run behind the nearside lamp.
Hope this helps,Ken.
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 21:12   #7658
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Nearside front door actuator changed today for a replacement promptly sent by Mickyboy and now i no longer have to feel like a chauffeur by only having passengers in the back I just need to get some fir tree clips now as a couple broke getting the card off.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 22:03   #7659
Proud owner
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Fitted these aero windscreen wiper blades, really pleased with the difference they've made. Thought about Bosch ones but I can't believe that they would be 3 x longer lasting or better performancing at 3 x the price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aero-Front...item256d220c19
Proud owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 05:45   #7660
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud owner View Post
Fitted these aero windscreen wiper blades, really pleased with the difference they've made. Thought about Bosch ones but I can't believe that they would be 3 x longer lasting or better performancing at 3 x the price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aero-Front...item256d220c19
I always bought wipers like those linked to but was never happy with the wiper performance never clearing the screen fully, so have finally bought two sets of bosch aeros for my saloon and tourer and difference is night and day in quality and performance won't buy cheap ones again
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote