Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th August 2018, 22:29   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Having attended a few nano’s at Four Ashes, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, I mentioned it to my friend who also has a 75, and asked him to come to a meet. He told me after that he expected to see all the cars presented in pristine condition and polished to death. He was amazed that there were cars with wheels off for hub renewal,radiators, headlamps off for polishing, T4’s taking place, front bumpers off, and anything except ‘oily jobs’. Meeting and talking to people you only ‘speak’ to on the club site. It’s something that should be taking place all over. Try it and you will be surprised. Set one up near you, and I think you would be surprised how far people will travel to have a natter and a mess around with our cars.
Old 29th August 2018, 00:38   #12
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
The North West is so big it would be logistically difficult. I live in the North West but some of it is three hours south for me Have a go at organising an event and see who’s up for it
If you take off Cumbria/N.Lancs as a separate region, North West isn't so big!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2018, 12:26   #13
phatfiesta75
Loves to post

rover 75 2.0 cdti connoisseur se

I'm from warrington I'd be up for a nano meet in the northwest ��
phatfiesta75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2018, 21:26   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
If you take off Cumbria/N.Lancs as a separate region, North West isn't so big!
But Cumbria and N Lancs are still in the North West. Why wouldn’t you include them?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 00:42   #15
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
But Cumbria and N Lancs are still in the North West. Why wouldn’t you include them?
It was YOU that said the North West was such a big region, parts of it are 3 hours away from you! Assuming the North West doesn't extend south of Cheshire, I don't have a problem. Somewhere around there, the Midlands starts.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 08:23   #16
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Colin (2 Diesels) & I tried to get one started in the North many years ago. We found a company that hires a building with 2 lifts, a pit & all the tools & all that we asked was for each member who came to contribute to the hire costs, the more that attended, the cheaper it became. Not one person showed any interest Seems people want stuff doing for nowt So that was that The building was in Darlington, so pretty central for Yorkies too
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 08:26   #17
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

The North West is huge and I would say Carlisle down to around Manchester. The way I read your post was that Cumbria and N lancs wouldn’t be included, maybe you meant anybody below Cheshire although technically are North West would fall into the midlands?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 14:04   #18
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

The northwest area for NANO meets could be defined by these areas as transmitted to by the BBC.

The BBC North West region covers Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire Merseyside, the western High Peak of Derbyshire, north Staffordshire, southern Cumbria,

That would not be an area of not too greater distance.

Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 15:15   #19
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Colin (2 Diesels) & I tried to get one started in the North many years ago. We found a company that hires a building with 2 lifts, a pit & all the tools & all that we asked was for each member who came to contribute to the hire costs, the more that attended, the cheaper it became. Not one person showed any interest Seems people want stuff doing for nowt So that was that The building was in Darlington, so pretty central for Yorkies too
The NANO at Four Ashes is free to attend & very well attended because those that organise it have a great relationship with the pub. Yes it's on grass but with a little thought you can do most things non fluid related.

I do wonder if there was a charge what the attendance would be though

The cynic in me says, not so well,

As you say some want owt for nowt

Regards

Paul
Old 31st August 2018, 20:25   #20
kev-rev180
Avid contributor

mg ztt 190+

best thing i did was to go to the nano meet great bunch of blokes and girls, i would recommend it to any 75 zt ownwer
kev-rev180 is offline   Reply With Quote