Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th May 2019, 20:24   #21
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Under the new data protection you can’t get any previous history from DVLA other than the basic MOT information which I have already printed out.

However I was fortunate in that there was some paperwork left within the service folder from Tracker which is obviously fitted to the car. This paperwork shows the original owners details and the second owner who put a personal plate on the car. I have 10 tax discs showing this number and an MOT certificate dated 15/05/18 also with the private plate so that was just one year ago.

The Tracker contract does not appear to have been renewed by the second owner back in 2005 and I don’t think I will bother as the car is kept under lock and key as I now have garage space with my Vitesse now sold.
BTW Paul I do still have the Mini but I’m going to re list it soon, plus I still have my Wedgewood which I’m surprised no one seems to want.

Over this summer I will be doing a clear out of my “spare parts” I have amassed over the years.
I always said if I were to replace the SD1 Vitesse it would be a Stag but I’ve changed my mind on this going for the more modern SL, it’s a lot easier to put the roof down.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2019, 20:44   #22
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Jim. I like the 350 slk. I took a 320 slk over to him in Germany a couple of years ago, and boy does it go. My grandson works at Mercedes, and tells me the only? Problem with the 350 is the gearbox, expensive to repair.
Old 11th May 2019, 20:48   #23
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I nearly bought a silver SLK when I was looking for a TF, I much preferred the auto roof closure, still do TBH.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2019, 21:58   #24
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Jim. I like the 350 slk. I took a 320 slk over to him in Germany a couple of years ago, and boy does it go. My grandson works at Mercedes, and tells me the only? Problem with the 350 is the gearbox, expensive to repair.
I’m aware of the age and gearbox will not have had an oil change so I’m going to get it changed soon as for piece of mind.
Old 12th May 2019, 05:58   #25
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Looking forward to seeing it, knowing you it will be stunning
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 15:49   #26
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The car Janis Joplin never had ... I would never have guessed it.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2019, 10:27   #27
port30
Regular poster

Rover 75

hello all been several years since i posted on here.
Just to inform all that i am now the proud owner of Jims Zircon 75.
Set off from South East Cornwall last saturday and by train,bus and plane arrived at Glasgow.Jim kindly picked me up and put me up for the night.Also supplied fish supper!
The car was as described in the advert and was great to see it for the first time.
I can readily recommend Jims wedgewood 75 it is a beauty and a lot of car for the asking price.
I drove zircon back down to Cornwall via night stop in my home town(Redcar)
and it was superb.so comfortable with the cruise on for much of the journey.Tank filled up in the North,fuel low light came on approx 8 miles from home.Range to empty 45 miles according to computer.
My work mates cannot believe the condition of car and all its toys,a bargain they all say!
So to summarise thanks to Jim and Mary for being great hosts.Jims Mercedes are both amazing.
And if anyone wants a beautifull Wedgewood 75 theres one in Scotland awaiting a new owner!!
port30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2019, 09:32   #28
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Thank you so much for your kind words Gary, glad you had a nice journey home and enjoying the car.
Although I only ran it for 11 months after spending well over 6 months prior to that bringing it up to my spec I was getting rather attached to it.

With this lovely weather we’ve been getting I’m enjoying the SL even more.
Here’s a small photo of it taken yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83F40672-8F9B-4215-B1CB-1D31A29D6DE4.jpg (19.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 14th May 2019, 12:01   #29
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

There is nothing better than driving with the top down in this glorious sunny weather, its a whole new experience driving around the countryside with the roof off.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2019, 16:41   #30
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Quote:
Originally Posted by port30 View Post
hello all been several years since i posted on here.
Just to inform all that i am now the proud owner of Jims Zircon 75.
Set off from South East Cornwall last saturday and by train,bus and plane arrived at Glasgow.Jim kindly picked me up and put me up for the night.Also supplied fish supper!
The car was as described in the advert and was great to see it for the first time.
I can readily recommend Jims wedgewood 75 it is a beauty and a lot of car for the asking price.
I drove zircon back down to Cornwall via night stop in my home town(Redcar)
and it was superb.so comfortable with the cruise on for much of the journey.Tank filled up in the North,fuel low light came on approx 8 miles from home.Range to empty 45 miles according to computer.
My work mates cannot believe the condition of car and all its toys,a bargain they all say!
So to summarise thanks to Jim and Mary for being great hosts.Jims Mercedes are both amazing.
And if anyone wants a beautifull Wedgewood 75 theres one in Scotland awaiting a new owner!!
As this is now your car Gary here’s a link to the work I carried out on it just in case you haven’t read it.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=272791