Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th March 2020, 11:44   #10981
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Would this have anything to do with the advice not to top the oil up to the top mark on the dipstick? ...
I don't know. I can't find anything in RAVE that mentions the presence of oil in the rubber hose being normal - so I don't know where MangoMan got his info from for post 3. I have seen other threads that mention it though.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 13:32   #10982
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

You sure you have not got rats under the bonnet Andy? What could have caused that amount of damage?
Old 17th March 2020, 14:54   #10983
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
You sure you have not got rats under the bonnet Andy? What could have caused that amount of damage?

Not sure mate, i have not seen a gasket do that before, the bolts were not as tight as they normally are, I suspect that would be a factor, I’ll check when I fit the replacement and torque it up and see what happens after a few hundred miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th March 2020, 17:21   #10984
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Hello again,

The sun was shining, as was the Rover, this morning, so I decided to try one more once, to quote Count Basie, to replace the driver's door card. It has been off since I suffered the key locking cable failure. I had given up after probably a fortnight of failed attempts, and many grovelling excursions to retrieve the black box clips from under the car. This time I ignored the advice in the PDF of Post #94 in https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...=79190&page=10 to fix the top of the card and concentrated on viewing the interior of the card from the edge of the door. This way I could line up the black clips with the spring clips. Everything worked as it should on my first attempt, and the top of the card seems to have locked into the window-edge clips of its own volition. Success!

Derek.
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 17:31   #10985
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Filled the Bear up with go go juice after taking her for a run.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 17th March 2020 at 17:32.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 17:39   #10986
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
You're lucky - the only complete assemblies on Rimmers clearance (PA,PB,PC,JA,JB,JC,SH,TJ @ £90 or £129) are all for 1.8 cars. A complete assembly for a KV6 works out at £249.42 and that doesn't include numbers 4 & 7 - add a Rimmers droplink and it's £276.34 per side.

All figs include vat.
It was the clearance price that swayed the decision as (as far as I know) the dampers and top mounts are fine and didn't need immediate replacement. But the car's approaching 70k miles and 75 suspension components tire easily so I'm expecting to notice a difference.

Looking forward to getting the car back tomorrow. I miss the big boat.
Old 17th March 2020, 17:40   #10987
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Went to fill mine up this morning,and was confronted by a queue for just half the amount of pumps than normal. Stockpiling diesel and petrol now are we? Never in my whole life have I come across so many stupid ,gormless people in all my life. I just drove away and will have a look tomorrow. No eggs, no toilet rolls, no nappies, or whatever they call them now at Aldi. Luckily living more or less in the country we went to the farm for our usual 12 eggs. Plenty of new laid free range eggs, and will be using them again in the future.

Last edited by bl52krz; 17th March 2020 at 17:45..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 19:33   #10988
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Decided to change the rear passenger side door lock as it had stopped unlocking on the fob. Changed it for another one in around 30 mins only to find the same fault persisted.
So, wait for it, removed the lock assy stripped out the motors from the assembly, replaced the brushes on the faulty motor and reassembled the door lock.
Refitted to the car and it works perfectly.
Well pleased to have cracked this one Not for the feint hearted

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 19:46   #10989
Parsnip
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Ventured out to the Supermarket this morning as I will no doubt be required to self isolate, especially as I am over the limit age-wise and have a bone in my leg. Loaded up with what was needed minus toilet roll, beans, choccy biscuits, pasta,etc! Joined the queues 2 mile long and ended up parking my goodies in the milk chiller and jumping on a checkout to flush out all the cornetto infected shoppers as we only had five checkout staff! (I work there but am on holiday!) So an hour or so spent getting rid of the vultures meant I had time to finish my shop (I had forgotten some items but then again at my age it's to be expected), pay up and then sit in my 75 with a cuppa and some other inhalant, only to see a Blue 75 Saloon 03 plate pull in just away from me. The guy was off into the store before I could put the remains of my cuppa down my neck and go to him. So I went home and parked the old girl on the drive, unloaded the shopping and had......? Another cuppa and inhalant.
Off to see Jules tomorrow.
Parsnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2020, 19:50   #10990
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post
Ventured out to the Supermarket this morning as I will no doubt be required to self isolate, especially as I am over the limit age-wise and have a bone in my leg. Loaded up with what was needed minus toilet roll, beans, choccy biscuits, pasta,etc! Joined the queues 2 mile long and ended up parking my goodies in the milk chiller and jumping on a checkout to flush out all the cornetto infected shoppers as we only had five checkout staff! (I work there but am on holiday!) So an hour or so spent getting rid of the vultures meant I had time to finish my shop (I had forgotten some items but then again at my age it's to be expected), pay up and then sit in my 75 with a cuppa and some other inhalant, only to see a Blue 75 Saloon 03 plate pull in just away from me. The guy was off into the store before I could put the remains of my cuppa down my neck and go to him. So I went home and parked the old girl on the drive, unloaded the shopping and had......? Another cuppa and inhalant.
Off to see Jules tomorrow.
Well done for assisting, my better half is currently doing extra shifts in her supermarket to try and keep stuff on the shelves, she even had abuse today from a shopper.. I can only imagine what the next weeks will bring.