Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th April 2020, 17:22   #11121
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Got in the boot with a mirror and a torch while Deb turned the hosepipe on, not very comfortable when you are 6’ tall.

The upside is I managed to find the source of the water leak that has been annoying me for months, turned out it was a seam and the seam sealer has become porous over time.

A good clean and degrease, then three separate coverings with Captain Tolleys should see it repaired.

I might now be able to refit all the boot panels that have been in my shed for the last three months!
Which seam was it Andy?
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2020, 17:25   #11122
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Which seam was it Andy?

Strangely enough I have just been outside to take a picture as I thought it might be a good idea to mention it 👍

The highlighted area is where the leak was coming in, although I sealed all the way from the rear screen end all the way along behind the boot hinge.

Old 12th April 2020, 18:27   #11123
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Took the ZT apart, gave it an identity crisis, frabbled with some stuff, then put it back together again.

Note to oneself, if changing the ZCS coding, make sure the BBUS is disconnected first............fortunately my ear defenders were close at hand, and it deterred passers by from getting too close

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2020, 18:40   #11124
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Took the ZT apart, gave it an identity crisis, frabbled with some stuff, then put it back together again.

Note to oneself, if changing the ZCS coding, make sure the BBUS is disconnected first............fortunately my ear defenders were close at hand, and it deterred passers by from getting too close

Brian

The social distancing BBUS, you could be onto something there...
Old 12th April 2020, 20:11   #11125
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default facelift indicators

I removed the face lift indicators light due to condensation, wiped them out ready for MOT Wednesday, I also modified them in the hope it will not a reoccurrence, I note I have had this before on my first Tourer face lift & also seen a few at the Nano meets with the same problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC15651.jpg (126.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15652.jpg (126.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15663.jpg (128.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15664.jpg (125.5 KB, 16 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2020, 20:23   #11126
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

I've spent hours deep cleaning the wheels to remove the build up of brake dust. I wanted to remove them all but the tyre fitter visited recently has used his windy gun to over tighten the locking nuts and I've mangled the key trying to undo.... Still, the wheels are looking good.

Also fitted some chrome mirror caps and cleaned the green yuck from the sunroof seal.

Old 12th April 2020, 20:33   #11127
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Strangely enough I have just been outside to take a picture as I thought it might be a good idea to mention it 👍

The highlighted area is where the leak was coming in, although I sealed all the way from the rear screen end all the way along behind the boot hinge.

Thats exactly where the silver one was leaking. I could not find where it was coming from, but had put strips of old sheet in the corners of the bootside panels from the wheel arch’s back to the rear panel. I put loads of WD 40 down the joint where the bottom of the strut fits. It came through onto the strips of sheet. So I got my Waxoyle out and used a brush and then a thin piece of wood and rammed it down the joint. I have now stopped it, and also stopped it possibly going rusty and leaking again.
Old 13th April 2020, 11:18   #11128
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Another sunny day so started to clean the 75. Realised I had nothing for the headlamps and I’ve ran out of tyre foam...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 82427FAD-1D9D-4A34-89A1-6015872B00C4.jpg (19.0 KB, 53 views)

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 13th April 2020 at 17:16..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 16:02   #11129
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Strangely enough I have just been outside to take a picture as I thought it might be a good idea to mention it ��

My seam is ok in that spot. It's a possible seam leak much higher up that I'm investigating - the symptoms are (or rather is) very heavy condensation inside the rear windscreen. The whole thing is complicated by a rain drip into the boot on the RHS, which was caused by me adjusting the boot lid position in a vain attempt to stop the boot lid rubbing on the rear screen side trim. So now there are 3 problems, or 4 if you count the wire that came off the HRW while I was poking around the screen seal.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 16:03   #11130
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Had a gentle morning changing the ZT drop links originals had done 121k and rubbers split. Still had plenty of grease in though lets see how long the new borg and beck ones last , they seem pretty good.

Then as the sun was out washed it and posted the obligatory shiny pics here 🙂🙂

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote