Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th May 2020, 15:40   #1
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Default A new trend in the classifieds?

Been noticing this more and more over the last couple of week, cars in great nick, 100k miles etc etc, but mot has just expired however it's got another 6 month with covid. Bad point is it's definitely going to fail its mot and I dont want to spend £1500 on it so it's yours for £500, which is £400 more that the scrappies would give me if they were open...

Be careful what your buying! There isn't an excuse anymore because a lot of stations are reopening now, both mine are due in July and I'll be sticking them in regardless off the exemption which will certainly be keeping unroadworthy cars on the road...

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 15:46   #2
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Buying a car at the moment is a worry as you really can’t rely on the current mot history. However, looking at previous mot’s would still give a rough indication of condition and how it’s been looked after. Two of my cars were mot’d early due to what was happening, the classic mini was allowed the extension as it does no more than around 100 miles per year and my father in laws 75 will make use of the extension as it’s in generally ok condition and does about 3 miles per week under normal conditions.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 16:23   #3
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Buying a car at the moment is a worry as you really can’t rely on the current mot history. However, looking at previous mot’s would still give a rough indication of condition and how it’s been looked after. Two of my cars were mot’d early due to what was happening, the classic mini was allowed the extension as it does no more than around 100 miles per year and my father in laws 75 will make use of the extension as it’s in generally ok condition and does about 3 miles per week under normal conditions.
Do you have to apply for an extension Mark?
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 20:43   #4
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post

6 month extension is applied automatically.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 07:49   #5
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
The extension is automatically extended the week before it’s due. If you check the DVSA website you can see if and when it’s added. My father in laws car is due early June so should have the extension added next week. It will give me time to sort a new drop link and front discs and pads but the car hasn’t moved in over 2 months. As the car isn’t being used I’m happy to use the extension. My local test station is open but my preferred tester isn’t back at work yet.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 07:52   #6
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
The extension is automatically extended the week before it’s due. If you check the DVSA website you can see if and when it’s added. My father in laws car is due early June so should have the extension added next week. It will give me time to sort a new drop link and front discs and pads but the car hasn’t moved in over 2 months. As the car isn’t being used I’m happy to use the extension. My local test station is open but my preferred tester isn’t back at work yet.
Thanks Mark, I checked the Rover the other day and was still showing 27/05/20 but checked just now and it’s November
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 11:53   #7
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

I found this with my new cowley.

Bargain anyway at £320 but found it needs rear jacking points and new rear shocks. due to what the car is I'm not too fused about doing the work to save it.