Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th May 2020, 17:42   #11
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
If you do this mod then park & lock the car, is the boot still secure? Just worried that anybody could open it via the new button, without unlocking the car.

Stewart
Yes it's secure, as per my initial post it won't open the boot whilst the car is locked it sets off the alarm if anyone tries it.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 20:27   #12
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Silly question... Doesn't the wiring from the cockpit boot release button ultimately go to the boot? So shouldn't there be something locater closer to the boot to tap into?

Or is it all fancy comns?
richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 21:27   #13
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
Silly question... Doesn't the wiring from the cockpit boot release button ultimately go to the boot? So shouldn't there be something locater closer to the boot to tap into?

There's no direct connection between the boot lock and footwell release button - it goes via the BCU.
Old 20th May 2020, 21:38   #14
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
There's no direct connection between the boot lock and footwell release button - it goes via the BCU.
As above, the wiring from the switch runs to the BCU, it doesn't go directly to the boot lock unfortunately.
Old 20th May 2020, 21:50   #15
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Just a thought - does the Tourer use a different BCU to the saloon? I would assume the external tailgate release button connects to the BCU and doesn't set off the alarm if pressed when the car is locked.
Old 21st May 2020, 11:59   #16
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

You can save 1/2 of the wiring. I've just been scouring the circuit diagrams. The Release switch on the A-post has 2 wires. One wire is connected to the BCU (pin 1, coloured KS). The other wire is connected to Earth (pin 6, coloured B).
When operated, a momentary earth is made for the BCU. So you only need to add another wire to (ie splice into) the KS on pin 1, and run this to the new switch on the boot lid. Of course you still have to get a local earth to connect to the other contact of the new switch, but it saves work running 2 wires all the way through.
I've been meaning to do this mod for ages, having previously seen it done before, but hadn't looked up the details, just left it on the roundtuit pile. However I'm now pressured into it as my boot lock has gone faulty. Since I bought the car, the key needed a much longer turn to do its action, in recent times this has since failed. I guess something plastic has broken, and the actuating lever now doesn't work. That too is on the roundtuit pile, but I like the idea of the pushbutton anyway.
Thanks

Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 13:48   #17
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Just a thought - does the Tourer use a different BCU to the saloon? I would assume the external tailgate release button connects to the BCU and doesn't set off the alarm if pressed when the car is locked.
According to rave the pin C0660-48 goes from the BCU to the interior boot release switch on the saloon model and on the tourer model it goes to the switch on the tailgate glass screen. Which doesn't make sense to me why it goes to the tailgate glass switch as I'm pretty sure a lot of earlier tourers had the same boot release switch as the saloons in the front footwell before it was deleted on later models? The wiring diagrams for the earlier models up to 2003 and then the later wiring diagrams for 2004 on wards models both show the same wiring set up.

It also says pin C0660-44 goes to the switch-release-Fuel flap/luggage compartment (no idea what it's referring to there as there's no switch for the fuel flap?) on the saloon modes, and goes to the tail door switch on the tourer models.

So as far as I can tell, there's no wiring at the boot you can just tap into to do this mod, as the loom for the saloon models appears to be different than the tourer models.

Quote:
You can save 1/2 of the wiring. I've just been scouring the circuit diagrams. The Release switch on the A-post has 2 wires. One wire is connected to the BCU (pin 1, coloured KS). The other wire is connected to Earth (pin 6, coloured B).
When operated, a momentary earth is made for the BCU. So you only need to add another wire to (ie splice into) the KS on pin 1, and run this to the new switch on the boot lid. Of course you still have to get a local earth to connect to the other contact of the new switch, but it saves work running 2 wires all the way through.
I've been meaning to do this mod for ages, having previously seen it done before, but hadn't looked up the details, just left it on the roundtuit pile. However I'm now pressured into it as my boot lock has gone faulty. Since I bought the car, the key needed a much longer turn to do its action, in recent times this has since failed. I guess something plastic has broken, and the actuating lever now doesn't work. That too is on the roundtuit pile, but I like the idea of the pushbutton anyway.
Thanks

Stewart
Yes that is true you although the pin numbers on my rave diagram doesn't match the pin numbers you've said. A green/red wire runs from pin 2 on the switch to pin 48 on plug C0660 on the BCU. The black wire runs from pin on the switch to an earth. So yes you only need to run a wire from the green/red wire on the switch to your new boot switch, and can then just earth it in the boot. I used a twin core cable I had spare so just took both connections from the two wires at the switch which was no extra effort.
Old 21st May 2020, 14:00   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Have you run inside the rubber sleeve between body and boot lid or did you run outside the rubber ?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 14:10   #19
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Have you run inside the rubber sleeve between body and boot lid or did you run outside the rubber ?

macafee2
Inside the sleeve, reverse cam wiring is through the sleeve as well, so can't see any of the wiring
Old 21st May 2020, 21:03   #20
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
According to rave the pin C0660-48 goes from the BCU to the interior boot release switch on the saloon model and on the tourer model it goes to the switch on the tailgate glass screen. Which doesn't make sense to me why it goes to the tailgate glass switch as I'm pretty sure a lot of earlier tourers had the same boot release switch as the saloons in the front footwell before it was deleted on later models? The wiring diagrams for the earlier models up to 2003 and then the later wiring diagrams for 2004 on wards models both show the same wiring set up.
You're correct that earlier Tourers had the footwell release button like the saloons - it was a PD deletion late 2002 I believe. Strange about the wiring for it. Maybe the programming of the BCU is different between saloons and tourers, or early saloons/Tourers vs late cars like ours.

Can anyone with an early saloon or Tourer confirm if pressing the footwell release button when the car is locked sets the alarm off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
It also says pin C0660-44 goes to the switch-release-Fuel flap/luggage compartment (no idea what it's referring to there as there's no switch for the fuel flap?) on the saloon modes, and goes to the tail door switch on the tourer models.
The fuel filler lid has a lock that activates with the central locking so might it be that?