Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd February 2021, 15:23   #11
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
We also had to book online and got an appointment within ten minutes of each other, it also gave us a date for the second one.

Rev

Ditto.
No problems at all. Booked both jabs at same time.
Went this morning and 18 mins after walking through the door at Chelmsford Racecourse I was walking back to the car park.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:18   #12
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

I posted this on another thread, hope it is useful.

Some info might be helpful:

There are 3 types of places offering vaccines:

Hospital Hubs - main hospitals, not very small 'cottage' hospitals from what I gather.

Local Vaccination Service - GP practice run, sometime groups of GP practices will run theirs together from one larger surgery, or maybe even from a larger site such as a concert hall etc. Some pharmacies are in this category.

Vaccination Centres - i.e. sports ground, conference centres, cathedrals etc. This may include pharmacies as well - our local tiny pharmacy has set up as a vaccination centre in a local hall.

All vaccinations are by appointment only. You may be contacted in different ways. For Vaccination Centres you will receive a letter with links to the national booking system, which is online or by calling 119. You will receive a letter when you are in an eligible cohort i.e. over 80s, over 75s, extremely clinically vulnerable, when it is that cohort's turn to be vaccinated, AND you live within a 45 minute drive of a vaccination centre. For Local Vaccination Services you will be contacted via your GP surgery or someone/an organisation acting on their behalf. This could be by letter, telephone or text. Not sure about email. Hospital Hubs are mainly offering the jab to health and social care workers and possibly patients too. Health and social care workers should have involvement from employers to identify them and Local Authorities are supposed to play a role in this too - more info in docs online.

There may be slight oddities in the system - one example is my GP surgery, which is running the jabs with the local pharmacy in a nearby hall. They will not contact their patients directly to offer the jab, but instead patients will get the standard letter to book a Vaccination Centre, and use that to book the local pharmacy rollout at the hall. Problem there is that people living miles away can also book at the hall, leaving no priority for locals. In response the GP surgery is now texting patients when new slots are available to be booked at the hall via the national booking system so basically give a heads up that spaces are available, but others living further away can still book in there. The GP surgery will now have a local hub shared with other surgeries and invite patients for appointments but it not opening until mid-February.

Vaccination Centres may 'disappear' from the national booking system if all their current slots are booked up, and then 'reappear' when new slots are available. Slots appear to be created when VCs are allocated doses of vaccine.

There are lots of documents relating to the rollout online on gov.uk, have a search.

Hope this helps - if anyone has more useful info then please share.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:20   #13
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

NHS letters arrived this afternoon.

Just booked both jabs for my good lady and me within 15 minutes of each other at a local mass vaccination centre less than 20 minutes away, the first being on Sunday, the second at the start of May.

No problems for us, NHS website spot on!

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:21   #14
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Also - those arranging appointments on 119 just see the same website that you can see at home, no extra information or suchlike. Basically it is for people without internet.

If whilst making your booking somebody else beats you to it by selecting the same times and confirming before you do, you have to start again.

Slots appear to be allocated to vaccination centres in tandem with slots for 12 weeks on, which can be booked at the time. A second appointment must be booked online whilst booking the first.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2021, 09:29   #15
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
While I realise all this Covid stuff is important and of interest, could we please have these discussions in the social forums section and leave this area for car related stuff, please mods …
Don't be so picky this is a Social Forum, want to talk about cars go to the Technical Forum.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2021, 10:00   #16
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
The website is wanting me to travel a minimum of 17 miles, yet I know there is a centre 3.5 miles from me, - - -
It's simply the result of a computer program that finds a slot 'somewhere' at the specific instant you press the button. When the online booking scheme first started, some people were offered slots at the opposite end of the country. If you're unable or unwilling to travel, just wait for a human to contact you. Seems to me that it's daft for anyone shielding in a rural area to travel into a city centre to get a jab today, when their own village practice will offer a slot next week.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2021, 10:47   #17
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Text received this morning from the doctors and appointment made for 1300 tomorrow. No appointment for the second jab as of yet. Travelling up to Pensilva for the jab..

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2021, 14:25   #18
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Don't be so picky this is a Social Forum, want to talk about cars go to the Technical Forum.

Rev.
Yeah now it's been moved to the social forum but wasn't originally, or would you prefer to see lots of non-car related posts in the general forum?

Thank you Mods.
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2021, 16:08   #19
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

I would like to thank Bolin for his very informative information (posts 12 & 14).

It adds to, and / or confirms info. supplied by T-Cut and SD1too, (posts 4, 8, and 16)

I believe my original request for “any advice would be gratefully received” has certainly been answered.

A number of the other comments confirm that the system has worked.

This can only bode well, when thinking of our much missed (and much needed) social gatherings.

Mike

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 15:34   #20
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

Just to complete this; phone call from local surgery this afternoon, appointments for Jan & myself next Tuesday.

Regards

Mike

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote