Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th February 2021, 12:05   #11
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

I bought my Mrs an MGF in 2002 in BRG with tan leather and she loved it, unfortunately it was rear ended by a lorry in 2012 so I bought an MGTF Spark in sonic blue as the replacement. The ride is much harsher and doesn't seem to be as well made as the F.
We toured France twice in the TF and it's surprising how much you can get in it including using space under the bonnet.
Both had head gaskets go but both have been very reliable over the years as I've done all servicing etc myself.
As my Mrs is having back problems now I'm moving the TF on in the spring and replacing it with an MGZT 260 I've bought and getting back roadworthy, will be sorry to see it go.
I've also had an MGF and TF myself, my eldest has an MGF, my youngest has had 2 MGF's and they are fun cars until cam belt change time, then no skin left on the wrist due to a very small space to work on
2004 Monogram Poseidon MGZT cdti
2004 Pearl Black MGZT 260

Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 12th February 2021 at 12:08..
Jeff Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2021, 07:10   #12
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamdrivenandy View Post
I understand that the MR2, like the MX5 has hardly any luggage space, whilst the F/TF had a surprisingly good amount. Also the MR2 has a reputation for rotting hidden subframes, which is not the sort of surprise anyone likes.
The lack of luggage space is the MR2's Achiles heel. There's a small cubby under the bonnet where the spare wheel is stored and a full width locker behind the seats as well a decent glove box and dash-top bin. But there is no proper boot unlike the TF and MX-5 and for some that is a deal breaker. The rear subframes commonly rot but it's a simple crossmember behind the engine that is easily replaced. Otherwise the MR2 is very rot-resistant unlike its MG and Mazda equivalents.

I think a R50/R56 MINI would be a great second car if an auto is required. The R53 Cooper S was available as an auto too later in its build.