Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th February 2021, 19:40   #31
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I am afraid all the hype and hysteria about ‘saving the planet’ is just that. Ask the scientists how much shyte is going round the world from all these volcanoes that keep erupting. The residue of the atomic bombs that were used as ‘practice’ on populations worldwide. Sorry to disappoint all these ‘hug a tree’ idiots, but if you really want to save the world, I suggest you hold your breath for ten minutes. It’s all about money, nothing else. Wake up.My car and yours will make no difference to the planet. Problem is types like us will not waste money buying inferior products, that’s why we run Rover75 and ZT’s.Although I doubt at the ripe old age of 81, I will not be driving in another 20 years, so it will not make much difference to me what it on the roads. I just feel sorry for non Rover owners for what they are missing. But don’t tell anyone.

Last edited by bl52krz; 24th February 2021 at 19:46..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 20:17   #32
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Jaguar are in for a real battle to stay alive, The motoring world has changed from all recognition in the last decade. Their core business of diesel engined saloon cars aren't selling in any market of the world & they're being legislated out of existence with ever toughening emission standards.
Their i-Pace BEV although great quality has had a mixed reception around the world, Isn't selling in the numbers the bean counters want & is expensive to build which reflects in the price tag.

The company if it survives will be a totally different place to what it is today, They wont be building any more saloon cars as they cant compete with BMW,Audi,Mercedes as they've got deeper pockets & would be up against a far wider model range than Jaguar can compete in. The big Chinese car manufacturers are waiting in the wings to snap this marque up once it gets separated from Land Rover.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 20:22   #33
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I am afraid all the hype and hysteria about ‘saving the planet’ is just that. Ask the scientists how much shyte is going round the world from all these volcanoes that keep erupting. The residue of the atomic bombs that were used as ‘practice’ on populations worldwide. Sorry to disappoint all these ‘hug a tree’ idiots, but if you really want to save the world, I suggest you hold your breath for ten minutes. It’s all about money, nothing else. Wake up.My car and yours will make no difference to the planet. Problem is types like us will not waste money buying inferior products, that’s why we run Rover75 and ZT’s.Although I doubt at the ripe old age of 81, I will not be driving in another 20 years, so it will not make much difference to me what it on the roads. I just feel sorry for non Rover owners for what they are missing. But don’t tell anyone.
The residue of atomic bombs has contaminated the planet for the last 75 years or so, it came to light fairly recently with the harvesting of sunken ships in far East, they're being targeted by gangs and blown to pieces on the seabed, the reason is the metal value. The atomic bombs that were tested or dropped have made everything on Earth radioactive, the metal on the seabed that was sunk before the bombs isn't tarnished and, it's worth a lot of money because of that for making instruments for medical usage.
The rush to go electric will be a bit of a fudge, it'll be like Edison and Tesla all over again but with bribes from middle East oil countries to keep using oil products. The oil will win in the end unless the perfect electric car is on the market, the knowledge is there but where will the tax revenues come from with electric cars? There will be people charging cars from home built stations and cutting out the grid, that will impact the economy even more. The point is a simple one, unless we find a way of replacing the lost taxation from oil in all its forms, it'll continue to be used.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2021, 20:40   #34
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Jaguar now seeking partner to build EV's https://todaynewspost.com/auto-news/...r-ev-platform/

Old 26th February 2021, 21:04   #35
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Jaguar now seeking partner to build EV's https://todaynewspost.com/auto-news/...r-ev-platform/
There was talk last year of JLR buddying up with BMW, which for the purpose of sharing EV tech would really make sense. But reading that article does not make me feel optimistic about the future of Jaguar.
Old 26th February 2021, 21:12   #36
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
There was talk last year of JLR buddying up with BMW, which for the purpose of sharing EV tech would really make sense. But reading that article does not make me feel optimistic about the future of Jaguar.

It will be tough going for them that's for sure, They're going to be left with so much stranded assets in factory hardware, they've also announced they will shed 25% of it's production capacity. https://todaynewspost.com/auto-news/...tion-capacity/

Old 26th February 2021, 21:34   #37
Southside
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
They already have, JLR will be/already are using BMW engines in their current production cars.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2021, 23:47   #38
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Funny thing about all this, just been listening to an electric car designer talking about electric cars, whist he reckons a standard ev can produce enormous bhp
The one thing they haven’t figured out yet is how to get ev cars to tow anything
Without it reducing its battery operating range to about half so you can only tow
anything about 250km.
These car manufacturers are really having us on!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2021, 22:03   #39
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
They already have, JLR will be/already are using BMW engines in their current production cars.
MY Diesel Jaguar XF is a British engine.. so not sure if this is right is it? my from Wolverhampton Engine plant from Jaguar
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2021, 22:04   #40
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
The new elite will be those who can afford a new EV. And how many do you think that will be? You don’t think it is a ruse to get the traffic down and of the road?Where are they going to get the money from to repair the extra potholes that appear with the extra weight of these EVs? Birmingham must have some of the worst main roads in the country at this moment. Section 56 notices should be made against the council to make them repair the roads not potholes.
This is exactly correct!!!! stick with the used dervs.......NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- the Davos cartel
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote