Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th February 2021, 20:11   #31
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Glad to hear the fan is sorted, if you need any info on the Vis motors, guess what, your in the right place.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 22:01   #32
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis View Post
OK.. so far so good.
The fan is working perfectly. I will check it from time to time to make sure it is working and to change the brushes when necessary.
I got a new radiator also. (The old one was very heavy and little coolant leaked out of it while dismounting.)
The temperature didn't crossed 95 degree at 80-100km/h (50-60miles/h) and 102 degree in the traffic.
The fan is kicking in at 100 degree, bringing it down to 96.
If I'm standing still and the fan is working apparently the is not much coolant circulation at 700rpm so the temp is going down very slowly. But if I kick the gas pedal, the temp goes down to ~91 immediately. Should I seek for better water pump for the future?

BUT, I always had coolant in Vee of the kv6 I hope it was due to the higher temperatures.... with the temps down by 10 degree I hope there is not much leaking going on. Will see.

Thank you very much for the support, I've learned so much during this little journey.

I'm on to changing brake disks, and checking the braking system end-to-end.

Next would be the Vis motors (currently I got a vis motor stuck in closed position). I will open and clean them as per youtube tutorials).

I really hope I could keep this car in good condition for the future! I love this design!
give a good wash with water pressure around Vee then just keep eye on it if still present coolant then more likely thermostat leak , nice work by you.
Old 6th February 2021, 02:34   #33
beavis

Rover 75 Saloon

Just to be clear, I have a guy helping for the mechanical part also. I’m not able to do such big works by myself I’m just helping him here and there and searching for information as at my parts this is an exotic vehicle

Last edited by beavis; 6th February 2021 at 02:37..
beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2021, 08:49   #34
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hello Ivan. Thanks very much for updating us and it's good to hear that your fan motor is working. Just to be clear, is this the 2 speed 3 wire unit with new brushes and the second capacitor soldered into place?
Quote:
I got a new radiator also ... If I'm standing still and the fan is working ... the temp is going down very slowly ... Should I seek for better water pump for the future?
No. Your water pump will be fine. Having fitted your replacement radiator, did you follow the MGR refilling and bleeding procedure which involves raising the expansion tank? It sounds to me as if you still have air in the system.
Quote:
... I always had coolant in Vee of the kv6 I hope it was due to the higher temperatures....
It's nothing to do with the temperature Ivan. The 'O' rings are the culprit and will need replacing which requires quite a bit of dismantling. I have posted several times in recent threads explaining how to prevent a recurrence. Please search using my user name for those threads and let me know if you need any further assistance.
Quote:
Next would be the Vis motors (currently I got a vis motor stuck in closed position). I will open and clean them as per youtube tutorials).
Better than You Tube is to correspond with Stocktake here. Dave has spent a lot of time working on the VIS system and he knows all the failure points and how to repair them. You'll find his post above this one.

Simon
Old 21st March 2021, 01:02   #35
malagas
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDT Club, Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Ivan.
You can purchase the brushes from the link below which Simon did a thread on sometime back.

https://www.ecp.co.uk/rover75-carbon-brushes.php
Are these the same to a Diesel 3-Speed Radiator Fan?
Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 07:09   #36
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Yes the motors and motor internals are the same, it's just the relay box that is different

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote