Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th April 2021, 12:31   #1
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Default Followed threads - Passenger door still siezed...what next?

Hi All

As with many others, my passenger door stuck shut during the cold weather.

The other doors all work fine, the central locking works and can be heard working in the door. No other leccy gremlins. I tried the 'battery-off hard' reset just in case though, but no luck.

I read up on here and so far I have worked into the door skins and found the acutator (OUCH!!!! skinned my arms but oth didn't destroy the door card ) . The pop up button and the internal and external handle pulls are all connected correctly and doing their job.

I can't attach pics but in this pic...https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/XKoAA...MRi/s-l300.jpg , moving the metal loop does nothing. It is of course the pull connected to the outer door handle. however no amount of force applied anyhow makes it engage with anything...it just moves silently up and down...

From this pic https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SwkAA...6WC/s-l300.jpg I suspect the bar on the far left is my culprit. I soaked the whole shebang o/night in WD40 from inside and out and still no joy. I cannot reach the lower bar as it is too far from the door skin apertures to get any kind of tool in.

Is there an emergency door release at all...like some hidden push button or recessed pop-out rivet? I'm just saying that because I see a suspicious chrome cylinder in the little cream plastic bit, that sticks out the top of actuator...long shot as I cant see how it could exert any force but maybe it holds a spring that releases the bar? I dunno.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.
paulonsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 13:26   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

You need to locate the white plastic clip that is encapsulating the threaded bar and open the clip from the bar. the door should then open from the inside.

Item B here

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...35&postcount=7

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 17:24   #3
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Default Clip locating etc

Hi Stocktake

Thank you - I did find the encapsulated thread and the lower bar but I could not move it at all. Then, er, the captive clip (at B) in your picture, came off... I've put more WD40 on and I'll be trying that again tomorrow!

Paul.
Old 5th April 2021, 16:25   #4
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Default Attempts...

Hi Stocktake? I tried that but no joy. I have a mk2 lock with no lower release.

The captive clip has come off for sure, but I've located where it attaches and that is definitely how the door opens. However, moving it does not release the door at all.

This is exactly what has happened to me.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHasyOQIGo but without the horrible corrosion. But how can I replace if I can't open the door? can't get enough access through the card from the inside.

I'm really sorry. Does this mean the door is siezed? But how?

Last edited by paulonsite; 5th April 2021 at 16:35..
Old 5th April 2021, 16:33   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Hi,
Once you have removed the clip from the bar you should be able to open the door from the inside handle with two pulls of the handle. If this doesn't work then it is only the second time in 10 yr where I have seen the lock fail in a deadlock position and unfortunately it is not something I have dealt with.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote