Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th April 2021, 21:08   #11
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I lost my HGV class 1 after a spell of Menieres disease (dizziness). Funny thing was, my motorcycle license was still on my license! I'm glad that I retrained to do something else as it was getting far too stressful due to increased traffic, tight schedules and even tighter budgets! The "other door" that opened to me showed me a good living, higher salary and peace of mind.
You need to spill the beans of new job so i can have a plan B
Old 12th April 2021, 08:30   #12
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post
As an industry they are crying out for drivers but the job and pay just does not attract people into it and its not an easy career to get into, I have had to spend £££'s and nearly 2 years to get it, having to get it around my daily job.
To get around the driver shortage rather than pay the drivers more money which in turn will to attract more drivers, they brought in the double decker lorries so one less driver on the road.
Yes there is 60,000 driver shortage. As you say T&C's of th job take you away from family and friends (A fellow driver at work says its simply anti social) and it is.. There's a lot of license's out there that arnt been used too.

When th building trade was in th doldrums in th late 1980's i thought.. I know ill get my class 1. It'll cover me till things picked up. I never went back.

Im not trying to put you off but as you say th T&C's arnt great. And be prepared to go mars and back many... many times. They did a survey which ill find you latter. It says drivers with license's, but dont use them find that th driving part is ok ish... But th rest of it is hard to take...

http://transportoperator.co.uk/2016/01/29/3568/

Another survey out soon.
Old 12th April 2021, 14:45   #13
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[url
http://transportoperator.co.uk/2016/01/29/3568/[/url]

Another survey out soon.
That article sounds like it was written for Tesco r
The grass is never greener on the other side of the fence but they had backed me into a corner. The new terms and condition that will be implemented in my store had already been implemented in my previous store and it did not work there and in the end caused my health to deteriate. Plus there is now no room for advancement with enough support to go with that position.
I will go into my new roll with my eyes wide open and be realistic to the heavy demands it will bring.
Old 13th April 2021, 01:34   #14
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I don't find it that onerous & have never done tramping. I've been on the agency for most of the thirty years of my class 1 & twenty years of it on nights.
Shame the Government have finally got round to IR35 though.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2021, 09:06   #15
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post
That article sounds like it was written for Tesco r
The grass is never greener on the other side of the fence but they had backed me into a corner. The new terms and condition that will be implemented in my store had already been implemented in my previous store and it did not work there and in the end caused my health to deteriate. Plus there is now no room for advancement with enough support to go with that position.
I will go into my new roll with my eyes wide open and be realistic to the heavy demands it will bring.
I wish good luck in your new carrier(career) There will be sunny days up in th Lakes or where ever, that will be like aving a free day trip holiday.... And no customers/staff from Tesco bending your ear....