Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th June 2021, 13:45   #31
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I wish the magic ANPR that can read anything was employed at the car park the Mrs uses as it occasionally mis-reads the W on her plate.

Anyway, have legal plates and avoid the long arm of the law, or have illegal plates, get nicked, and come on here and moan about it. It's a free country, your choice.
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2021, 22:38   #32
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

If you go speeding then you deserve a fine and points . A number plate with a miss space never killed someone's child . Speaking from experience so screw you
And pull your own big boy pants simondi

Last edited by It runs; 14th June 2021 at 22:42..
It runs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2021, 23:28   #33
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by It runs View Post
If you go speeding then you deserve a fine and points . A number plate with a miss space never killed someone's child . Speaking from experience so screw you
You appear to have missed the point, if you don’t mind me pointing it out. No one has said that cars with misplaced letters and/or numbers on their number plates, ‘killed someone’s child’. The discussion is about the actual act of having a number plate with the contents of that plate , that has been issued to a specific vehicle to identify that vehicle, being changed to make a different format.If anyone does change the specified format, that constitutes altering the identity of that vehicle. It could also, if you were in an accident with a vehicle with altered spacing/font and colour, in you not being able to identify that vehicle correctly. To me, I think it must be that people need to draw attention to themselves because they imagine they are some how inferior to other people on the road, and need to feel that ‘posing’ makes them more important. They certainly have money to waste for sure..
Old 15th June 2021, 17:54   #34
Spike
Posted a thing or two

Spike, Burt & Daisy

In Spain, you’re issued with the next number plate off the list and you buy the plate itself from the local council. No vanity plates, no stupid half-spellings and no arguments; just the next number available. Do as you’re told and that’s it. I like Spain.

A few years ago, there was a programme on Radio 4 featuring the blokes who’d bought the plates N1 GEL and N2 GEL. The guy with ‘2’ went on a bit of a ‘journey’ through the programme and, realising that it was all a bit rubbish, had sold the plate by the end. It was heart warming to see someone coming out of the darkness.
Old 15th June 2021, 18:00   #35
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by It runs View Post
I always do pal, I always do
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote