Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like the EU logo on the rear smiley number plate?
EU GB blue strip on smiley rear number plate? 8 19.05%
or not 30 71.43%
Don't Mind Either way 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th July 2010, 20:07   #41
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Plate

I have no emblems on my rear plate as I think it looks completely out of balance wether it be EU, GB, or anything else.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:00   #42
DAVE COOPER

2008 "08" ROVER 75 IN PEARL BLACK CDT & A 1998 "S" REG ROVER 75 2.0 AUTO

down with the eu number plates NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- the lot...them european liberals down with them!

only GB plates on mine the government may have sold out but the british public have not.....roll on the referendum..were out of this load of old tosh....the british public have had enough of this **** EU.

I TOOK OFF !MY EU PLATES, I WAS NOT PREPARED TO SHOW OFF THIS **** COUNTRY CLUB

Last edited by DAVE COOPER; 14th July 2010 at 22:03..
DAVE COOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:04   #43
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE COOPER View Post
...the british public have had enough of this **** EU.
not so sure about that the media particularly the mail don't tend to give a balanced view of it all but as this is not a political forum I'll leave it at that
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:18   #44
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

The media does not need a balanced view

The British know that we pay in £17 Billion pounds and get nothing back along with only this week more fines etc etc.

I would for get the rid of the EU tomorrow and have it as trade as it was MEANT to be.

DOWN WITH THE EU.

EVERY THING IS LINKED TO POLITICS EVEN THE CLOSURE OF OUR FAVORITE CAR COMPANY.
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:28   #45
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post
EVERY THING IS LINKED TO POLITICS EVEN THE CLOSURE OF OUR FAVORITE CAR COMPANY.
well yes but that was down to decades of internal mismanagement and bad product coupled to nannying by the state then the company was allowed to be raped and pillaged by the Germans just when it had good product up and coming, not sure that the EU were very high up the list of guilty parties. I don't think there's too much problem with the EU the problem is the British mentality no other member state takes the rules as seriously as whitehall in Europe proper they shrug it off and get on with life (including valuing 75s at about twice the price they make here take a European to know a good thing when they see it)
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:54   #46
Garaidh
Regular poster

'99 Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE HL auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossocorsa View Post
well yes but that was down to decades of internal mismanagement and bad product coupled to nannying by the state then the company was allowed to be raped and pillaged by the Germans just when it had good product up and coming, not sure that the EU were very high up the list of guilty parties. I don't think there's too much problem with the EU the problem is the British mentality no other member state takes the rules as seriously as whitehall in Europe proper they shrug it off and get on with life (including valuing 75s at about twice the price they make here take a European to know a good thing when they see it)
Agreed!

I bought new plates this month (no pics yet sorry) and on the front one had the blue strip with EU stars circle and SCO. The rear one - I don't like the 'strip' look on the 75 - is plain and elegant.

I would not mind having UK somewhere on the car but GB is an old term now.

I'm happy to be seen as a European and we are, of course, just exactly that, though I share some of the expressed concerns about cost. But it is not all negative and we're all in this together. SCO, ENG, CYM, NI, IRL or EU!
Old 14th July 2010, 23:23   #47
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Blimey!! 3 years + separation between the last 2007 post and the resurrection of the thread, or is that insurrection!!

I am an unpaid Director of a not for profit company that has just spent £1.3m of EU money to bring back the Guildhall of Cardigan into public use, after years of being "condemned". One small town that has benefited from EU money that has been redirected back into the UK. Over the last few years this small market town has benefited by huge £m from EU grants. Of benefit to the community and to local businesses.

How many other communities have received benefits of the UK being in the EU? Pretty well all of them in one form or another.......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 14th July 2010 at 23:32..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 08:52   #48
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

I don't think you guys who support the EU get it!

The EU charges us £17 billion pounds each year, then takes a huge cut then gives us back the change?(these are youR grants or whats left of them OUR MONEY REDIRECTED!)

They then tell you where to spend that change and then ask you to place flags all over the place thanking them for it. THIS IS A DICTATERSHIP.

LETS LOOK AT OUR ISSUES BECAUSE OF THE EU.

FISHERIES POLICY> SCOTTISH IN PARTICULAR ARE BRING WIPED OFF THE MAP
CAP POLICY> OUR FOOD IS DEARER TO SUPPORT THE FRENCH BECAUSE THEY CANNOT FARM EFFICENTLY ENOUGH

80% OF OUR LAWS ARE FROM THE EU, EVEN THOUGH WE NEVER VOTED THEM TO DO THIS.

THE SCOTTISH THINK IF THEY BREAK AWAY FROM THE UK of GB THEY WILL HAVE INDEPENDANCE, WELL EU HAS OTHER IDEAS FOR THAT.

IRELAND SAID NO TO THE CONSTITUTION AND THE EU STREAMROLLED OVER THEM AND PLACED IT IN ANY WAY.

SCRAPPING BRITIANS AGE OLD/PROVEN MEASURES, BUT THE BRITISH STILL USE THEM TO A LARGE DEGREE, MUCH TO THE ANNOYANCE OF THE EU.

SENDING PEOPLE TO JAIL FOR USING THEM A FEW YEARS BACK(WHAT OTHER COUNTRY WOULD PUT UP WITH THAT?).

IMMIGRATION UNSTOPABLE DUE TO THE EU, OUR BORDERS CANNOT BE SHORED UP BECAUSE OF THE EU IMMIGRATION POLICY, WHICH WANTS TO SCRAP COUNTRIES BEING COUNTRIES BECAUSE OF A COUNTRY CALLED EUROPE.

THE EU HAVE NOT SIGNED OFF THERE ACCOUNTS FOR 15 YEARS, EVEN THOUGH TRILLIONS HAVE GONE MISSING.

CLOSING DOWN FACTORIES LIKE CORUS THIS YEAR AND MOVING THEM TO EUROPE UNDER THE BANNER OF CARBON CAPTURE,DISGRACE.

PLACING A NEW BANKING AUTHORITY TO OVER SEE THE BANKING SECTOR, WELL THATS BRITAINS MAJOR INCOME THIS WILL SMASHED JUST LIKE THE REST OF OUR INDUSTRY UNTIL WE ARE A DUST BOWL.

Then I suggust you check out the Franfurt school of economics its all there to see what the main plan for the British Isles is.

Scotland are not pro EU as/is always mentioned, mostly to get one over the English (by the way i have scottish rootes) I do not feel this way my way of thinking is GREAT BRITAIN FIRST.

Once you have signed your soul to the devil you will not get another penny from them, take a look at greece, the EU caused this mess (on purpose ) and now the PIGS economies are wrecked.

The Germans and the French are now discussing a two tier euro to off load the club med, because they do not want their economies being stuffed.

THIS IS NOT A UNION ITS THE MAFIA AT HIGH LEVELS.

OUT THE EU NOW.

The best form of decit is of course are the ones that do not look like decit.

Last edited by martin green; 15th July 2010 at 20:09..
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 11:41   #49
beejay
Retired

Rover 75, 04 Connie SE Auto. 2.5

I couldn't have put it any better my self Martin, but I have always been a turncoat

Barry
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote