Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th August 2010, 21:20   #1
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Default something a bit different but! still MG ROVER.

I have done a little digging lately and wanted something DIFFERENT from the MG Rover stable. I Found of the rarest cars Rover did was the MG Rover
commerce and express
, with around only 400 Rover commerce vans and about the same with the MG Express vans.

However I dug a little more deeper and the figures get even more sexy, The Rover commerce Vans only around 100 vans were built in the new shape 2004/2005 shape ultra rare!!! and around the same for the MG Express vans.

After this more digging tonight and most were in paint colours of Dover white/Midnight blue/Solar red in the Rover commerce guise, However ULtra ultra rare in "2005" model guise with a fantastic 2.0 Turbo diesel L series engine the Rover commerce in starlight silver for a van.

So when i tracked one down last week from a lady in Norwich, she said i could not sell it after 3 months,,,,SO I sold it to a commercial van dealer...

No! I said ahhahah!! I said could you give me the name and she did so i left them a E-mail and they returned my correspondence and bingo , Today i went to Norwich from Birmingham and collected it, but before i could take it home (went in olde faithful Rover 75 Tourer) went bought the van and left it there (the van) and drove over to Great Yarmouth and have a day at the seaside resort.

Once done drove back to Norwich after everyone else went home fired up the L series and my god what power...The is a "licence loser" of a vehicle.

The looks i got driving it home tonight 175 miles straight back with my trusty Rover 75 tourer in tow following ensuring all was well.

I must admit that tourer is the best god damn car I have ever bought, only last week I was up in the peak district 250 miles from home and then used it for work this week another 400 miles and then off to Yarmouth another 400 miles in one week.This car is now on 164000 miles on every thing original on it..fantastic.

However back to the Rover commerce I just had to have one of only 19 starlight silver vans ever built. These have got to be one of the best vehicles for future clasics to buy..the very last MG Rover Longbridge vans ever to be built. a sure fire classic.

I paid very modest money for it also...anyway here is a picture of one of those 100 2005 shape Rover commerce vans..

PS one of the parts of the deal remove those crappy EU plates back to British only ummh lovely.
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:28   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post

I have done a little digging lately and wanted something DIFFERENT from the MG Rover stable. I Found of the rarest cars Rover did was the MG Rover
commerce and express, with around only 400 Rover commerce vans and about the same with the MG Express vans.

However I dug a little more deeper and the figures get even more sexy, The Rover commerce Vans only around 100 vans were built in the new shape 2004/2005 shape ultra rare!!! and around the same for the MG Express vans.

After this more digging tonight and most were in paint colours of Dover white/Midnight blue/Solar red in the Rover commerce guise, However ULtra ultra rare in "2005" model guise with a fantastic 2.0 Turbo diesel L series engine the Rover commerce in starlight silver for a van.

So when i tracked one down last week from a lady in Norwich, she said i could not sell it after 3 months,,,,SO I sold it to a commercial van dealer...

No! I said ahhahah!! I said could you give me the name and she did so i left them a E-mail and they returned my correspondence and bingo , Today i went to Norwich from Birmingham and collected it, but before i could take it home (went in olde faithful Rover 75 Tourer) went bought the van and left it there (the van) and drove over to Great Yarmouth and have a day at the seaside resort.

Once done drove back to Norwich after everyone else went home fired up the L series and my god what power...The is a "licence loser" of a vehicle.

The looks i got driving it home tonight 175 miles straight back with my trusty Rover 75 tourer in tow following ensuring all was well.

I must admit that tourer is the best god damn car I have ever bought, only last week I was up in the peak district 250 miles from home and then used it for work this week another 400 miles and then off to Yarmouth another 400 miles in one week.This car is now on 164000 miles on every thing original on it..fantastic.

However back to the Rover commerce I just had to have one of only 19 starlight silver vans ever built. These have got to be one of the best vehicles for future clasics to buy..the very last MG Rover Longbridge vans ever to be built. a sure fire classic.

I paid very modest money for it also...anyway here is a picture of one of those 100 2005 shape Rover commerce vans..

PS one of the parts of the deal remove those crappy EU plates back to British only ummh lovely.

NICE ONE !!!

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:35   #3
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

that's 2 now then, although Andy's is the 1400 petrol engine

good find
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:35   #4
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Is it the 100 or 115 bhp model?

Get a set of SDI Injectors in it, a remap & performance air filter. My ZR flies now with those mods.
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:46   #5
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Tatts its the 101 series engine..my god though this destoys hills like there on the flats....The sheer power of this engine makes my R75 Tourer M47 look pedestrian...Its really that good.

i WILL get more shots on here a bit later, but i thought it would be nice save one of these babies before they all get crushed (life span of a van is very short).

This 2005 54 plater is genuinely untouched condition apart from the stereo in the cabin and thats a super bit of lit also.

The amount of looks from people who were thinking they did not do them in vans did they!!!!

Lovely
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:47   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

very cool motor

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:59   #7
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post

what power...This is a "licence loser" of a vehicle.
Nice find!

Similar performance to a 16v 1.4 I believe, i.e. the best part of 2 seconds quicker to 60 than the 75 CDTi auto and with a similar top speed. But I know there's something about the 200 / 25 series that seems to make you want to drive one briskly. The 75 is a much more calming car.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 22:23   #8
Southside
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Nice one, I've got an X-power grey Express
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 22:35   #9
Nick999
Posted a thing or two

Ex ZT160 ZS180 ZT190

Check out this beauty

http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/stock-i...0972f3a/advert

Maybe I should swap my 59 plate fiesta van for this.
Old 7th August 2010, 23:37   #10
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
But I know there's something about the 200 / 25 series that seems to make you want to drive one briskly. The 75 is a much more calming car.
Totally agree

I had a 220SD for a couple of years, a serious "licence loser"!! It really flew!! And was a nice car to drive, but as you say the 75 is a more calming car, because it's so nice to be in. You don't feel that that you need to conclude your journey asap

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote